Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$1000.00 Montecristi for a Ten Dollar Bill

MrPumpernickel

One of the Regulars
Yeah, what the heck I'm in too for one raffle ticket thingamabob. It's for a good cause and who could turn down the chance of getting something that great at such a deal.

Good luck everyone!

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Bank data

Data inquiry for international bank transfers to EachChild Inc.

What is the exact name?
What is the exact account number?
SWIFT?
IBAN?
Bank address?
Name of the Bank?

'Maybe' this set of my questions familiar with one involved...

Not knowing these data caused me some problems.

Just would like to know it.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
International Transfers?

I'll have to talk with the treasurer. I don't have access to that information.

I'm pretty sure it will not be acceptable since most banks charge at least $25.00 to accept the wire transfer. Paypal charges .61 international on $10.00.

EricH

One of the Regulars
Well I bought one more ticket. It occurred to me this morning that its pretty sad if I hesitate to send $10 dollars to someone who truly needs it, especially if it stands to potentially give me a classic VS panama.

How many hundreds of dollars have we spent on a wish and a prayer for hats that have arrived moth eatten, stained, cracked and in the wrong size? And are those on $10 Ebay bids, I wish. Nope, usually they're the one we got the fever for and spent $50 or more bucks for.

So fellow loungers, here is my personal challenge. Let's redirect some of that money we have planned for Ebay maybes to a Fedora Lounge sure thing. We should be able to do this raffle twice, no three times over. That's barely 2 borsalinos and a 7 3/8 whippet. We brag that much purchase around here on a regular basis.

It's over 24 hours old and we are not even 2/3 of the way there. Let's get this raffle home before noon. The best part is there is no 7 day wait to the announcement of the winner, and we all win because we did something good for some people whose craft keeps us looking and feeling cool.

Hit that PayPal button now.

Eric
(Fully recognizing the more you give, the worse his chances :) )

maff2k

New in Town
An excellent idea

I always find it refreshing when I see folk doing nice things for people they are probably never going to meet - restores your faith in humanity!

Keep up the good work - just bought my ticket :)

M

Nigel

One of the Regulars
OK, I'm in, just bought a ticket. After seeing the quality of the hat I just bought, I couldn't miss out on this and if I don't win, at least someone benefits.

carter

I'll Lock Up
What a great idea! I'm glad Art mentioned this the other day. What could be better than supporting children on Father's Day! I'm down for two!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24