Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920's 3 Piece in Brown Tweed

DamianM

Vendor
I love it. I love the lining.BUt I am scared of the back of the vest. it looks like an old rayon like material that crumbles but other then that its a great gadam suit

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Its rather conservative for my foppish nature, but I would have no problems wearing it. Sometimes I get dissapointed when things get discovered because I know I won't be able to snap it up cheap and it always feels dastardly to go at it on eBay with other loungers.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Fastuni, i thought you weren't a fan of the 20s small / sloping shoulder ? this one (16") is very narrow compared to the chest measurement.
actually the shoulder would be fine on me for a 20s neat shoulder look.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Collector's obsession. ;) And I love the fabric. But yes, it is not a cut that I am not too wild about.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
But yes, it is a cut that I am not too wild about.

(Bartenders, please enable edit in this section... )

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Lovely suit, but truth be told, I wouldn't wear it as I'm not a big fan of the shoulders.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
HBK: I was interested to see that it is too big for you. The vendor says the waistcoat measures as a 38 and I believe you are normally a 38. But the jacket seems to measure slightly larger than i would expect.

BigFitz

Practically Family
Some of it seems like it would work for me but the waistcoat is too small as well as the shoulder measurement. I don't have any vintage suits(or modern ones) and have been looking for one I can work with not much luck. I know this not the place to ask for advice but I measure exactly 42" across the chest and I assume that is my size. Since this jacket measures at 43.25", wouldn't it be a 43 and not a 38 as stated in the description?

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Your actual chest measurement equals "size on the label", but not the chest of the jacket.
You have to consider the underlayers (shirts, waistcoat), "breathing room"the canvassing and the "drape" (additional fabric to enlarge the chest).
As a rule of thumb one can add at least 2-3 inches to the body chest measurement.

A 1920-40's jacket for Size 38 measures around 40-42 inches chest on the actual garment. 1940-50's had larger chests, more drape and could thus measure 44 inches for a size 38-40.

43 inches chest, as on the linked suit, would fit with a size 39/40 jacket for the 1920s.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i asked the seller and the waistcoat measures 20" pit to pit (putting it at a 38-39 chest)

Since this jacket measures at 43.25", wouldn't it be a 43 and not a 38 as stated in the description?

jackets usually have between 2 and 4 inches of 'ease' above your actual chest measurement, depending on the style and how fitted your preference is.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Seems like it would fit me more or less, except for the legs that inseam is about 4 1/2 inches too long. Maybe I if I feel like not paying rent I'll try for it lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic