Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s Wardrobe

benstephens

Practically Family
Inspired by the thread "1950s Wardrobe" I thought it might be nice to share our 1930s wardrobe.

Perhaps someone can start a 1940s wardrobe.

So, Please post your 1930s wardrobe, what you would like and what you think should be in it.

Here is mine

DSC00593.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

and the summer wardrobe

DSC00597.jpg

Kindest Regards

Ben

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I love the subtle differences in our common language.

But I really love that wardrobe. I saw one at an antique shop in the Pacific Northwest that was of that order, really spectacular. The price was reasonable but I didn't have it, or the place to put the cabinet itself.

I'm betting there are more shoes lurking around your house than those few.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
A healthy wardrobe can always be spotted not by the number of pieces but by how much the supporting bar sags in the middle.

Well done! :eusa_clap My '30s collection is not so extravagant but it's getting there.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
30s thots on the wardrobe

Six shirts and collars
Debts beyond endurance
On my life insurance
That belongs to you

—I've Got Five Dollars
, Lorenz Hart & Richard Rodgers, 1931

I'll get two suits and an overcoat
Like a millionaire
Just two suits and an overcoat
And then when things get better
I'll buy underwear

—If I Ever Get A Job Again
, Sam Lewis & Abel Baer, 1932

Miss Sis

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: Awwww, shucks BT, I have to come out of lurking mode and say 'Thank you'! You're too sweet.

Here's a nice pic of myself and Ben:

DSC05210.jpg

And the car is a 1935 Riley Kestral 22T. Here's a picture of the car and me:

Car.jpg

And yes, Ben has taken up ALL the space in the wardrobes. No room for any of my things! But I'm the one who keeps it all clean and tidy. :rolleyes:

metropd

One Too Many
benstephens said:
Inspired by the thread "1950s Wardrobe" I thought it might be nice to share our 1930s wardrobe.

Perhaps someone can start a 1940s wardrobe.

So, Please post your 1930s wardrobe, what you would like and what you think should be in it.

Here is mine

DSC00593.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

and the summer wardrobe

DSC00597.jpg

Kindest Regards

Ben

I am at loss for words.......!!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Miss Hattie

Familiar Face
Wow they are some neat wardrobes you’ve got there! Really does put my meagre 32’’ of hanging space to shame. :eek:
Please tell me are the wardrobes with the glass-fronted draws down the one side called a Gentlemen’s Wardrobe? I only ask as I fancy one and would like to make a detailed and knowledgably pitch to my father! :p

Hats x

Miss Sis

One Too Many
They are a pair of wardrobes. The first pic, the slimmer of the two, is the gents wardrobe and the second with the coats would have been the ladies. It is quite unusal to have glass fronted shelves in a ladies wardrobe.

However, Ben has so many clothes that he has commandeered all the space. What you can't see is opposite we have a huge built in wardrobe too! Yes, we're lucky.

Miss Hattie

Familiar Face
Thank you

:Thank you for that (was exactly what I wanted to know.;) ) They look like a super set and the colour is lovely too. I’m having real trouble with hanging space at the moment and I have no accessible draw space for woollens and linens either.:mad: I figure one of these might be more suitable. Could I possibly ask you about the width (just a rough idea) of the gents one, just to see if it’s feasible? Doesn’t matter if you can’t.

Many thanks anyway Miss Sis

Hats

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Hattie, I got the tape measure out and the gents wardrobe is 42" wide and approx. 6' high. We suspect that there may have originally been only one hanging rail as oppossed to the two that are now in there.

For reference, the other wardrobe is approx. 54" wide and the same height.

Hope this helps!

Sis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24