Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1933 dated DB 3 pc. suit, size 36S

M. Jeffroy

New in Town
This is a pretty classic early thirties three piece suit, which I believe to be serge, although I’m no fabric expert. The trousers are button fly with a flat front, and the jacket is a 6 x 2 with two buttons on each sleeve and two inside pockets, one on the upper right and another beneath the inner button on the left. The jacket buttons seem to have faded from black to brown, while the vest buttons all look distinctly black. The jacket is completely lined with a patterned navy satin or rayon, and the sleeves have a striped cream lining (no sweat stains). The vest has the normal four outer pockets, no inside pockets and no adjusting belt on the back.

Tag reads: F. L. Fabling
814 South Spring Street
Los Angeles, Calif.
Mr. L. T. Sharp
Date: 6-22-33 No. 5260

There is also an old dry cleaning tag stapled to the inner pocket

Jacket
Chest: 40”
Length: 26.75”
Arm: 22.25”
Shoulders: 17”
Issues: Pressing marks along back seam and around pockets

Trousers
Waist: 34”
Outseam (not including waistband): 37.5”
Inseam: 29”
Waistband: 1.875”
Cuff: 9.25” diameter, 1.75” deep
Issues: Shine on seat and seams visible from pressing. Right leg: pencil lead size moth hole on cuff. Left leg: small hole right above cuff on front crease, only noticeable upon close inspection.

Vest
Chest: 38”
Issues: Almost perfect, just slight yellowing of inner cotton lining and very slight press marks around lower pockets.

1933navysuitjacket.jpg

1933vest.jpg

1933trousers.jpg

1933suitlining.jpg

I'm asking $150, with shipping to be determined. Checks and money orders only. Let me know if you need more information or photos.

Thanks,
Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails