Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1937's leather jackets from an hollywood B serie

Charlie

Familiar Face
Very intresseting jackets in this very low quality movie of 1937 "Pilot X"
j6_zpse7772293.jpg

j1_zps94bde573.jpg

j5_zpsde4e729a.jpg

j3_zpsee5538d6.jpg

j4_zpsd1f7673a.jpg

j2_zps97efd7a0.jpg

visible on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNh_lpdaH1c

Charlie

Familiar Face
The one with the small flap pockets looks almost like my new Alexander Leathers Dakota in Black goat in size 38, that I receive yesterday and by which i'm very pleased (a bargain for the price -300£- IMHO)

al_0037.jpg

schitzo

Suspended
The one with the small flap pockets looks almost like my new Alexander Leathers Dakota in Black goat in size 38, that I receive yesterday and by which i'm very pleased (a bargain for the price -300£- IMHO)

al_0037.jpg

I like the dakota too Charlie. Any chance of pics of you in yours?

Also, what do you think about a throat latch for this jacket. In your opinion would that be an improvement or unnecessary tampering?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Excuse my lack of knowledge on actors' names, but isn't that mustached guy one of the pilots in the original Flying Tigers movie?

Charlie

Familiar Face
I like the dakota too Charlie. Any chance of pics of you in yours?

Also, what do you think about a throat latch for this jacket. In your opinion would that be an improvement or unnecessary tampering?

With pleasure ! What is sure is that it's a true size, I own many aeros, some lost world, and a lot of vintage jackets, this alexander runs true size unlike aero : it's fit like a 36 from aero, my hartman in 38 also fits the same as this alexander, vvvveeeery adjusted with a very sweet goatskin suppled and ready to wear unlike the thick horsehide from aero that is very stiff in the beginnings !

throat latch for this jacket seems unnecessary, i have some on aeros HB 1930 and never used them !

As soon as I get home I grab my camera !

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

al_0037.jpg

A period accurate Indiana Jones jacket. Unlike the one in Raiders...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I actually don't mind this AL design, though to my eye those pockets look as though they should be 1/2" to 3/4" higher.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
After I posted, I looked. IMDb has Fred Clark's career starting in movies about 10 years after this film, so I guess it's not him.

the people back then look so much different and more slender than people of today, narrow shoulders and waistand they still have room to move
Dunno if I would consider what's worn in movies to be comfortable or practical? Movies are showcases for fashion, and often times on lower-budget numbers, they get what's in the warehouse. I've tried on jackets that look like that and no way in hell they're comfortable! Just sayin'...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

True Butte - it was also the fashion then to have thin men in lead roles. This was a time before the Neanderthal gym junkie look took off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff