Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1939 All Day Broadcast? Help!

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
I need help finding a link in a prior thread, searching the forum has not turned up anything (at least I *think* I'm not crazy and I found the link here at FL).

A couple of years ago someone posted a link to a site where some radio company had released digitally one full day of broadcasting, I believe it was for one day in 1939. Starting at 7:00 am going through the evening, you could listen in real time to the entire day's programming, even down to "The time is now 3:03 pm" and so forth.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Anyone know how I can find that site again (or if it even still exists)?

Espee

Practically Family
A long time ago I got the 1939 on 45 minutes-to-a-side cassettes. One early morning (in early September) I listened to 600-645 and then I got ready to go to work. The next day I did 645-730 WHILE getting ready for work. Next day, 730-815 in the car on the way to work...
Arthur Godfrey was the morning man on that Washington D.C. CBS station. Six years later he would be one of those describing FDR's funeral procession. ("God bless 'im, President Truman!")

Last edited:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I always thought it would be fun to listen to the entire thing on September 21 starting at 6am. Even better if it was actually 52 degrees out that day! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner