Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1939 Grey Herringbone Overcoat

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Picked up this overcoat at a thrift store today, but it's just a bit to small for me, so I'm letting it go. It's a grey (black/white) herringbone SB overcoat dated 1939. It has two flapped lower pockets and a slanted chest pocket, notch lapels, and a center vent in the back. The buttonholes, including the one on the lapel, are hand-stitched, and the buttons appear to be real horn. As to the size, see measurements below--I normally wear a 40/41, and it's too small for me to wear over a suit jacket. I suppose that'd put it in the 38 range, but go by the measurements to be safe.

It's in good condition overall. The label inside the collar is mostly shredded away, though the label with the date inside the pocket is in good condition. There is one small flaw below the pocket on one side--I'm not sure if it's a moth nip, or a tear, or what, but it's not in a conspicuous location and it looks like it wouldn't be terribly difficult to disguise or repair.

Measurements:
Chest: ~21.25"
Waist: ~22"
Sleeve: ~23.5"
Shoulders: ~18"
Length: ~39.75" from bottom of collar
Sleeve Cuffs: 2.5"

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

PM me if interested for price or if you have questions.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great find! Thankfully, if it won't fit you it wouldn't fit me, otherwise I might be tempted and the last thing I need is another overcoat. :eusa_doh:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy