Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s and 50s Mens stuff For Sale!

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Just a few things on the chopping block, two shirts, two ties and a modern snorkel parka in case anyone is interested.

Shipping is not included, and the items are with me in London. Shipping a shirt is $12 to the US and Canada, ties are $6 and the jacket is going to be $22. UK and europe will pay £4 for shirts £3 for ties and £8 for the coat.

First up, a rare mid 50's 'atomic' rainbow fleck shirt by DaVinci. DaVinci is still in business making shirts, this is the genuine original, as their labels changed in later years. Super drapey light tan/grey in a unique weave with rainbow flecks of red, blue, yellow and green! Italian loop collar with all original buttons. Straight hem. In flawless condition.

Size Medium with the following measurements:

Shoulders: 18"
Chest: 21 (42)"

Id like to get $100 OBO for this one.

img0551dt.jpg

img0552s.jpg

img0553v.jpg

Next is a late 50s burnt orange wool loop collar shirt in a size small. Color was hard to get accurate, but think autumnal orange with micro flecks of greyish brown. Nothing wrong with this one, just needs a dry clean and ready to go. One small spot above 3rd button from the top which would definitely come out. $20 OBO

img0626c.jpg

img0630r.jpg

Next is a 1940s brown tie I posted in the 'Show Us Your Ties' thread. Beautiful tie, just doesn't quite suit me as it is a bit long for my torso. SOLD

img0555j.jpg

img0557k.jpg

Last edited:

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Late 1950s hand painted tie. Beautiful colours and detail on this one, sadly with some flaws. It was sold to me with the knot still in place, and when I got it home and untied it, I was greeted with a rather large hole. Luckily when you wear the tie, this cannot be seen. There are also three very tiny (smaller than a pinhead) holes on the front which are invisible unless you are a few inches away. Such a lovely looking tie, a shame about the damage. $15 OBO

img0559m.jpg

img0561qw.jpg

img0562y.jpg

img0563fs.jpg

img0560ku.jpg

Lastly, a Spiewak Snorkel parka in grey with drab olive interior and removable faux fur trim. Two angled zippered chest pockets, front flap pockets which are lined with black felted cotton and zippered left sleeve pocket with the Spiewak logo embroidered on the side. Interior has a zippered left chest pocket. The underarms also have nice 'vents' on them. The nylon has a bit of 'scratching' on the bottom front near the hems.

Marked a size Small, but definitely closer to a Medium. Don't forget that parkas are supposed to run a bit big on ya. I'm a 36 chest and it always fit too big on me.

Measurements:

Chest: 23"
Shoulders: 20"
Sleeves: 25"
Length from collar seam (below hood): 30 1/2"

I think I paid $150 for this originally. Ill take $50.

img0564b.jpg

img0566z.jpg

img0565j.jpg

img0568x.jpg

atol

New in Town
can't PM?

I find myself unable to PM the seller :-(
If the DaVinci Shirt is still FS, please contact me via kleine [at] city-centre-offices.de

Thanks!
Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy