Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s Shoes Ebay

LadyPowers

Familiar Face
I just got these from eBay. This pair is very comfortable. It is black leather strap-on pumps with the peek-a-boo toes. On the insoles it states Rice- O'Neill St. Louis-New York-London on one, and the other Park Brannock Syracuse.

Regards,
Lady Powers

Picture102.jpg

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Those are nice! I've got a similar pair, and they are very comfortable. They look nice with most outfits, too!

Hey, since you are on a shoe/ebay kick, let me know if you see a pair of nice navy shoes in a size 7.5-8! :)

Those are adorable!

::Sigh:::::

There is a lot out there for gals who are a size 4-6.5, I just have way more competition in finding shoes in my size. and then there is the right color! I should just buy shoes and find outfits to match instead of vice versa :) I know the larger sizes are out there, but gals with my Clydesdale sized feets must have worn their shoes out back then :) I know there is some truth to a growing average foot size for more women having professions or hobbies which expose their feet to heavier harder activity, but I also think that a lot of it has to do with the display samples were smaller sizes so they survive in better shape. or they were bought last.

I just wish we had all the different heel widths, etc, available to us now versus having to go to an orthopedic show store to get em. But that is not as profitable for a shoe manufacturer these days.

I am actually not that huge...a size 8M, but on my small height and frame they are absolute boats. On a D'Orsay style i can sometimes wear an 8.5A. On modern shoes, a piece of cake, but the older the shoe, the less I can find. Partly because everyone else is vying for the same size as me (as I understand 8 is now the average size for ladies.). They are either already purchased, or I have to make sure I really am in love with them because I would have to pay top dollar because of the demand.

There are a lot of 8AAAA etc out there, and then everyone else in the world is vying for the medium widths along with me. A ballet instructor years ago told me I was lucky to have "so much more area to balance on" compared to the shoe size 5 petite gals. I GUESS i took that as a compliment.

The surprising thing is that size 10-11 vintage shoes really don't sell like the 7-8's do. I was really shocked to find that out and to find out that some merchents don't even stock em! (vintage) I have seen a few have them sit forever. Maybe people just think their size does not exist so they don't look!

Chris

By the way, I have not really seen 1930s shoes much bigger than a 9 or 9.5, but I have seen a lot of 1950s shoes in 10s and 11s over time. Not as much as i have seen size 5's obviously but they are out there. Some have some crossover with late 40s styles as some elements stuck around for awhile.

I will have to start keeping track of who I know has what...

Chris

I asked around and found that one of my fellow (sister to be exact) vintage fashion guild members has a pair of UK 8.5=US 11 shoes in her shop.

They may be a bit later than what you are looking for - they are 50s swing slingbacks versus 30s/40s, but thought I would let you know anyhow. I think they are plenty cute, but will keep my eyes open for more too.

I hope this link works!

Slingback Shoes

Chris

That's what i figured. One of the members was a curator at a shoe musuem and says that even in his long shoe aquiring career he has not seen all to many 30s and 40s shoes in the size, but now at least he knows someone is looking. Now if I can only find some 40s or even sneaking into the early 50s with late 40s overtones platform slingbacks or pumps navy or two toned in a size 8 to go with a suit I have, I will REALLY be in business. (I mean also for less than $5000gagillion dollars)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner