Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s Vintage HH jacket, Iron Heart Riders, more

apba1166

A-List Customer
I will putting a number of things on ebay and also here over the next month.
First batch is up and includes:
a superb vintage 1940s Horsehide jacket, a new IH blanket-lined Riders, some japanese made shirts and jeans, and other items.
Link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/pov3shr/m.h...e=STRK:MESELX:IT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Coming soon, an Aero Route 66, LW Ryder, Goodwear sheepskin, and new and lightly worn jeans from Strike Gold, Full Count, FOB, Studio D'Artisan, Gustin, and more....

apba1166

A-List Customer
Had a question from member, via ebay, about the the HH jacket, and thought I'd post more about it here as well:
The snaps are good. They are small studs. The leather overall is weathered, but intact and still with a good finish in most spots. I lightly cleaned it and oiled it when I first got it some years ago and it has been worn sparingly since, maybe 15 times. No odors or mold. The top pockets are leather and good. The hand pockets are flapped with leather and lined with cotton bags, stitched and seamed at the bottoms. The left cotton bag is intact, and was clearly used less. The right one is intact as a bag (no bottom or side holes etc) but is just starting to detach at the top side. I was going to replace both of these, because 70 year old cotton is...well...you need to take care. But I kept them intact as original and just baby'd them because I wanted the jacket to stay authentic.

apba1166

A-List Customer
That is great to hear. I love that jacket and am glad it has a home. Stay tuned for more....measuring and picture taking this weekend, 'cause what else is there to do while SB is on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner