Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1942 catalog

Charlie

Familiar Face
enjoy

Spiegel.1942.P142.jpg

Spiegel.1942.P143.jpg

Spiegel.1942.P144.jpg

Spiegel.1942.P145.jpg

Longshanks

New in Town
Bril! Thanks...

And two things on page 144:
1. Ronald Reagan wearing a D-pocket & tie--looks awesome.
2. I love that PIPE POCKET! (But it's still not a reason to take up smoking again).
Cheers

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Y'know, if a new member posted a photo of himself in a fedora like the first guy is wearing, we'd probably tell him to look into a vintage hat, the kind from the '40s with a bigger crown... lol

fishmeok

Vendor
Look how big the collar is on the first jacket- I ran smack into this with the second jacket I made, copied a period collar exactly. With a fedora and trousers it looks great- with just jeans my wife thought the collar looked somewhat disco-esque... yet ANOTHER reason to hate the '70's.

Awesome pages, thanks for posting them.
Cheers
Mark

DSCN4460-1.jpg

DSCN4388.jpg

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
And don't forget to "lend this Christmas catalog to your friends". Of course this is after you've absent-mindedly circled the items you desire and noted your exact size in the margins! Your friends will thank you...

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
What defines a "Cossack" style jacket? Were they both made to be worn while persecuting ethnic minorities?

No, really now. Those of 1933 and 1942 don't have a thing in common, except they're both waist length, with waist tabs.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
I thought the same thing.
Awhile back one of our research griots posted illos from some 30s tailoring catalog that went full-goose bozo with the celebrity likenesses. Gable, Don Ameche, Dick Powell...I think Adolphe Menjou too, who was well known for his sartoriality.

And the guy on the 1933 page at the bottom (HOCKMEYER CODUROY) looks like Sean Connery.
Connery was but a wee bairn in '33. Surely you mean Richard Dix?
0401_richard_dix.jpg

alden405

A-List Customer
as a liner note,the Cossack people are an ethnic minority too

Fletch said:
What defines a "Cossack" style jacket? Were they both made to be worn while persecuting ethnic minorities?

No, really now. Those of 1933 and 1942 don't have a thing in common, except they're both waist length, with waist tabs.

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Man, those are some nice jackets. Yup a time machine and some cash would be great! I'm actually getting a jacket in a green fabric that looks almost just like E on page 144 of Speigels but has the same type of pocket as C with the hand in it. Ill post it when I get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ