Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950's-60's Car Coat Sources

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Does any manufacturer make anything like this today?

I'm not after the wool melton car clicker coat fabric but rather the cotton twill or poly/cotton twill versions like these old McGregor Ramjet car coats. Specifically with knit cuffs and knit collar.

I had one decades ago and would like a new one but I don't really want a second hand one.

Mcgregor.jpg

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I know I've seen Rumble59 do this style in a couple of versions but its not on their site anymore, and the only ones I can see for sale are wool mix.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Derby Jackets of San Francisco still makes a similar jacket w/ knits like you want. They're not made in S.F. anymore but other than that (and the price) they haven't changed much. Clint Eastwood wears one in some scenes in the first Dirty Harry movie. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadowrider

One of the Regulars
Those remind me of the Skyliner jacket by Eddie Bauer. But that's a down jacket, so probably not what you're after.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Sefton. I think they are bomber jackets (with knits at the waist) but will check out.They look nice.

No down, Shadow. No use to me here. But thanks for the thought.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy