Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950s Grais Steerhide Flightmaster

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Well, I swung and missed on this jacket. Too large for me. This jacket was owned by three Loungers (including me), and it deserves to find a more permanent home. Substantial black steerhide, some minor repairs near pocket and interior lining. I think this jacket is pure 50's cool, and the wear on it is part of the coolness. Zipper original and works. I paid $150 shipped CONUS, asking for the same. S2S - 19", P2P - 21.5", back - 23.5", Sleeve - 24". CONUS sale only a this time.
To help you make sure the fit is good, I am 5.9 and 143 lbs and it was one size too large on me. Here's a perfect fit on our fellow Lounger below (thanks Bfd for permission to use pic). A bit like a Mulholland, innit? ;)

BEE6D3B1-B3D0-4D49-9D30-E7BEBBC1EA4F.jpeg

Here are more pics from the latest Classifieds ad by @Joshua Holland. Hope it is okay to re-use them, if not let me know and I will take them down.

IMG_7177.jpeg

IMG_7178.jpeg

IMG_7182.jpeg

IMG_7184.jpeg

IMG_7185.jpeg

IMG_7186.jpeg

IMG_7187.jpeg

Last edited:
This jacket is perfect.
Every time I see a true vtg piece likes that, has me wonder; When and why exactly did a chest pocket at such a easily accessible, convenient and overall, super cool angle fall out of favor and switch to that useless horizontal yawn-fest. One of those things I won't ever understand.

Last edited:

technovox

One Too Many
This jacket is perfect.
Every time I see a true vtg piece likes that, has me wonder; When and why exactly did a chest pocket at such a easily accessible, convenient and overall, super cool angle fall out of favor and switch to that useless horizontal yawn-fest. One of those things I won't ever understand.
Yep. There's something so rakish and devil-may-care about a slanted chest pocket. Beautiful looking jacket- wish it was one size up. GLWS!

It was a 3 jacket and a pair of boots week. There was a little BINWI with this one. Great jacket at a steal but I’ve a load of others I like and don’t get to wear enough.
I get it. But man that was as good a fit and style as one could hope for. New, vintage or anywhere in between!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Bump. That is how the jacket looks on me - acceptable with a wool hoodie layering I think but really needs someone who wears a modern 42 for a perfect fit.

P1080334.JPG

P1080332.JPG

bien

One of the Regulars
interested! but it migth be too big on me. my measurements are: shoulder 17.5, chest 21, back 25, sleeves 25.5. do you think it will work for me?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm. The shoulders on this jacket are definitely 19 inches wide, so that is 1.5" in difference. But the sleeves on the jacket are 24-24.5 (you need 25.5), so the wider shoulder width will help here. Pit 2 pit stretched is 23, seam to seam is 21.5. I would say that if you like your jackets pretty tight, it might be too big, like on me. If you can layer, it might be okay. I am 5.9 and 144 lbs, and can wear it with a thick hoodie, as on above pics.

Joshua Holland

Familiar Face
I'm a little late to the resellathon. No prob using the pics. Just hope it finds a good home! Wish it fit me better.

Here are more pics from the latest Classifieds ad by @Joshua Holland. Hope it is okay to re-use them, if not let me know and I will take them down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ