Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1960 Madison Avenue Ad Execs

Shanghailander

One of the Regulars
A new series will begin July 19 on AMC - Madmen.

Set in 1960 New York, it looks like it will be paying scrupulous attention to period detail - suits, hair styles, office furniture, cars, homes, etc., right down to the prolific smoking and drinking that went on in the office as well.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Shanghailander said:
A new series will begin July 19 on AMC - Madmen.

Set in 1960 New York, it looks like it will be paying scrupulous attention to period detail - suits, hair styles, office furniture, cars, homes, etc., right down to the prolific smoking and drinking that went on in the office as well.

My dream cast for this would have Jack Lemmon, Shirley MacLaine, and Fred MacMurray. I'd have Billy Wilder write and direct it.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Mad

Here's the link to more information about it:

http://media.amctv.com/originals/madmen/

I watched a "making-of" thing last night about it, and it looks very good. They really tried to get it right too-there is ALOT of smoking and drinking in it, and the clothes look spot-on. I am really excited about it, and will be watching!!

Shanghailander

One of the Regulars
One of the things I found interesting is the cast, who are almost all under 40, remarked about how the cut and fabrics of the clothes changed their posture and even made them walk differently.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Yes-I noticed that too! Wonder if the experience might stick with them, make them think about what they wear a little more. If those women were trying to get away with not wearing foundation garments with those dresses, the whole thing would just look wrong!
Those men are dead sexy in those suits. Something about a man in a suit....;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy