Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 Hawaiian Dresses For Sale - Shaheen & one not labeled

Vanessa

One Too Many
Just listed two Hawaiian dresses for sale here on ebay if anyone is interested. Alas, they are both extra small.

One is unlabeled and one is an Alfred Shaheen. And yes, I am crying into my latte that it does not fit me. :cry:

IMG_1089.jpg

Shaheen Halter Dress in Red

IMG_1106.jpg

Blue Hawaiian Dress

Vanessa

One Too Many
You're crying - I'm crying. It's a river of tears over this dress. I've wanted a red Shaheen for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeears.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
I love love love the blue one but way too small. Also, I won't bid on items with reserves.

Why not? Just the seller trying to protect their investment. You can always write and ask if they are willing to reveal their reserve to you, also, most sellers will do so to individual parties. I don't use them often, but will when the item and amount I paid calls for it.

Funny, a friend of mine just had the same Shaheen print exactly ... in an ugly, awful Muu Muu. I could picture turning it into something JUST like this! Fabulous.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
pdxvintagette said:
Why not? Just the seller trying to protect their investment. You can always write and ask if they are willing to reveal their reserve to you, also, most sellers will do so to individual parties. I don't use them often, but will when the item and amount I paid calls for it.

I find them to be obnoxious. If you need to get a certain amount of money for an item, you need to just start your item at that price and save yourself that part of the listing fee. Reserve items usually cost more than I can afford and I do not like wasting my time on those items. I would much rather see an item start at $150 instead of starting at $0.99 with a reserve of $150 - it means I can just move right along.

I know a LOT of buyers who will never consider bidding on items with a reserve. I think you actually lose some bidders this way.

EDIT: Many ebay selling guides online say the same thing. For example, "Most eBay buyers do not like reserves and eBay
charges you extra for them. In general, auctions without a reserve will bring a higher ending price" and "Reserves are generally not a good idea because people will not bid on your item especially when other options are available. The only time I recommend setting a reserve on an auction is if your item is unique or one of a kind."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy