Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 : ALICE IN WONDERLAND

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
I think I read somewhere that it was, but don't hold me to it. I personally don't even remember what a jabberwock is. I know it's a horrible creature, but I've never been able to grasp it well.

You know, I'm just going to say I don't know about the jabberwock.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I like Burton, as a rule, except for his horrible destruction of Sweeney Todd. To this day I can't look at Helen .... Carter without cringing. She was good in Harry Potter though.

Sweeney Todd is one of my favorite Musicals, and they demolished it.

But Alice should be ...interesting.

Has anyone seen the version where it's live action only with drawn sets and some costumes? She give the jabberwocki (sp?) poem sitting in a large arm chair without blinking. It's a bit frightening.

Antje

One Too Many
some more pics of the movie

2md44d1.jpg

hreczk.jpg

4hba5z.jpg

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
Caity Lynn said:
I like Burton, as a rule, except for his horrible destruction of Sweeney Todd.

Has anyone seen the version where it's live action only with drawn sets and some costumes? She give the jabberwocki (sp?) poem sitting in a large arm chair without blinking. It's a bit frightening.

I don't like what Burton did with charlie and the chocolate factory, I think the gene wilder realy just nailed it and it seemed silly to do a remake.

I haven't seen that version but I'll try to see it.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
^ editing my statement, I like Tim Burton when it's not willy wonka and sweeney todd.

Although apparently the author of willy wonka hated the gene wilder version so much he refused to ever watch it...

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Caity Lynn said:

This sounds really good, I like when things are slightly off insted of full blown scary! Do you have a link or more info on this version?

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
Caity Lynn said:
Although apparently the author of willy wonka hated the gene wilder version so much he refused to ever watch it...

Yeah well what does he know?

I may also be biased because I grew up on the gene wilder one.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
If you want to talk about scary Alice, lol

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zx1_bSwa6AI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zx1_bSwa6AI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VaCeG7nnb54&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VaCeG7nnb54&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
bobalooba said:
Well it certainly was unsettling.
:)

Speaking on the new one though I heard allan rickman is going to be in it, who's he playing?

From what I understand he will be playing the Catterpillar. Sounds about right for him. Christopher Lee is supposed to be the Jabberwock.
I'm looking forward to Matt Lucas' performance as Tweeldedee & Tweedledum & Stephan Fry (Wooster & Jeeves) as the Cheshire Cat.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner