Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2011 Bomber camp

cco23i

A-List Customer
Well another camp is done. Here are some pics.

Scott

Instructors
instructors2011.jpg

Students being debriefed
DSC02992.jpg

Me and the Captain
189.jpg

Mike and I AFTER the camp
204.jpg

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
Did the students stay on sight in a WW2 atmosphere the entire time or did they go to a hotel in the evenings? If I were to do it, I'd love it if I could stay in a WW2 atmosphere even in the evenings instead of a hotel. Also do I have to wear what you guys give me to wear or can I bring my own uniforms?

cco23i

A-List Customer
As of now our students stay off site in a hotel BUT if all goes well we will have a "barracks" for them to stay in. Also, uniforms are 43 pattern coveralls with your nametape and those are provided, you wear either the Collings cap or your own and footwear is on you. All hinges on a new set of hangars for a barracks to be set up.

Scott

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
They look like they were pretty much on target. I cant wait to do this camp sometime in the future. My father was orginally trained as a gunner on the B-24 with the 4th Air Force and when his ear drum got injured, he was grounded and became a maintenance tech on the B-24 at Blythe and Salinas California.

=GG=

cco23i

A-List Customer
Yup GG they were right on with two this year. Our unit for the training class portrays 4th AF as they were in the southwest so it fits. Keep in touch and hope to see ya' in the future!

Scott

mrbieler

New in Town
That looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing them. :)

These three snaps were taken at an old Gillespie Field event in San Diego circa 1995. We were there goofing off in HBT's and we saw a display with a M2 so we stole it/borrowed it and ran around quick for some impromptu ground crew re-enacting.

Haven't had a real chance to play with the old birds since. Wish I could say I'm in the photo's, but someone had to work the camera...

GillespieField1of3.jpg

GillespieField2of3.jpg

GillespieField3of3.jpg

cco23i

A-List Customer
Lookin' good Jeff! As I always say, one good thing about doing bomber crew chief you don't have to wear pistol belts or canteens, your only worries as I was told by an old Bomber crew chief in England was: "eatin', sleepin', drinkin' stayin' dry, stayin' warm and gettin' laid, AND not in that order". He was a riot.

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy