Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30's~40's Work Boots

ukali1066

Practically Family
I found this very similar pair with similar price, the Bob Church Rutland brogue boot....and these guys do Overseas delivery, you just need to ask for a quote first.

Comes with leather or commando sole option too... Check them out Cetic and Lefty

http://www.countrysupplies.com/item.asp?i=2495

2526-g.jpg

celtic

A-List Customer
ukali,

Thank you very much for all of the information and the generous offer.

I did send an email to the shop where you got your set, but they haven't replied.

I will bookmark the second website and keep your offer in my back pocket in case I choose to go that way in the future.

This weekend I spent the money I had set aside for shoes...

I bought a pair of tan dress boots,
(this in a high-top):
1_60075_FS.jpg

a pair of Doc Marten brogue shoes,
1396-558441-p.jpg

and just got back from the local LL Bean outlet store and landed a pair of the splendid boots that somebody has posted earlier.

242053_116_41wid330.jpg

I had seen them in the outlet a few months ago and I ALMOST bought them...seeing them again in this thread sealed the deal. As luck would have it, they had ONE pair my size in stock so I grabbed them at $80. :eusa_clap

I got fabulous deals on all three pairs...I ended up spending less than $200 for those three pairs of shoes.

Lefty:

I found these earlier this week and almost grabbed them.., although they don't have my exact size...they're $250 and seemingly available here in the states...I have never dealt with this company, but I remember somebody recommending them for buying Barbour here in the states:

http://www.royalmale.com/shop/display.asp?ID=147

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm looking for something a bit more elegant. The ones that are out of reach are the Edward Green shannon model, like the ones on the left in the photo. Banana Republic had a similar style boot on sale for a very short time, and while I hemmed and hawed about the price, they disappeared.
shap1.jpg

celtic

A-List Customer
I love the elegant LOOK,

but in this clime with winter approaching rapidly I need something sturdier.

If Florsheim made a longwing in a high top with a lug sole I'd be happy man.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
What do they call that toe pattern? A semi-brogue? A quasi-wingtip?

If you're after a boot with a steel shank, the nearest thing I can think of is loggers' boots. I was researching those late last year but found that most of this type of footwear currently available has lug soles, not straight rubber or leather soles. Those with a flat sole tend to be nailed for logs.

You could get a pair of the LL Bean work boots mentioned earlier, or similar, get an extra leather sole fitted, plus a rubber one on top (giving you three soles), then add toe and heel plates. But of course that would still leave the toe pattern requirement unfulfilled...

Feraud

Bartender
mike said:
hmmm I just search it and found people who feel this shoe isn't very durable... just how non-durable does that mean? I saw them in black or brown and the price is mighty nice... :eusa_doh:
I like the style but have heard the brand is not so good. Although I wonder...

mike

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
I like the style but have heard the brand is not so good. Although I wonder...

300+ bucks for a pair of higher quality ones just is not in my budget in the upcoming future at all... and I found a place near herald square that if I bought one in black and one in brown, they'd give me the second pair for half price... not that I'm gonna sink money in to 2, but they certainly are tugging on my wallet/heart strings haha

And speaking to someone who regularly bought (mighty crappily made) creepers time and time again for 15 years... I ask again, how durable is durable?

Feraud

Bartender
Good question on durability. I guess it depends on how often you wear them and how much you walk.
I own low end dress shoes for knocking around that have lasted over a year because I rotate them with other shoes. Some people may get more miles out of their shoes because they drive a lot. You have to consider how much wear you put on the shoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic