Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5 panel Hat QUESTIONS

Itscityslikk

New in Town
Hi everyone I'm looking to get some information on 5 panel hats like the one in the picture http://www.rothco.com/showpics/index.cfm/item/2228
I know some general information about how to get started but the internet lacks on details. For instance, there is absolutely no templates or pattern dimensions to go by. I've done countless searches. It's almost like a guessing game til you get it right. I noticed someone else posted about 5 panels on here and he got the responses he wanted so I'm hoping to get the same results.

So here's where I stand.
I know what materials to use but my problems is how to apply them. Does anyone have any templates or dimensions for each panel to go by. I also don't know where to start my stitching or how to get the brim on. If anybody could offer me some insight that would be great. I'll also mail you a couple of free hats once production is finished. Thanks alot.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I have a picture of my grandfather with me and all the other grand kids around him wearing one. :).
Need to get the street wear kids wearing fedoras and 20's newsboys. :)

Itscityslikk

New in Town
Not really

Hey,

Did you ever find the information you were looking for?

I never got the info I needed from anyone really. I just bought a few from different companies and cut the seams. It took me a month to get the shape i wanted but eventually I did. I'm in the middle of production right now of a 100 hats..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner