Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50's, 40's? Dresses

epr25

Practically Family
navy1.jpg
[/IMG]

navy2.jpg
[/IMG]

navy3.jpg
[/IMG]

navy4.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a very interesting dress. I am not 100% sure how to date it. I aj guessing late 30's early 40's? Very nice detailing. The upper portion is done in a solid navy crepe material. 3/4 length sleeves accented at the shoulders with pleating. Zipping up the front with a metal Talon zipper. The skirt is made from a matching navy crossgrain material. The line of the skirt is jazzed up by being sewn on a zip zag pattern. The material is carried over into the upper portion oif the dress in the two chest pocket and also the flap that covers the front zipper. There is a matching navy crossgrain belt. I am not sure if the belt is an original because it seems to big to go with the dress. A new hole to your size could easily be made. It does match quite well.

There are no tags present on this dress. There is also not a size indicated so please refer to the following measurements: shoulder to shoulder 14" flat, armpit to armpit 18" flat, waist 13" flat, hips free, overall length 38". The condition of this is good considering it's age. The fabric is good and dark. No fading. The only thing I saw was some white spots on the shoulder. I am not sure what this is but it looks like it would come out after being cleaned. It might be a water mark?

I was hoping for $20.00 for this but I am taking offers.

wiggle2.jpg
[/IMG]

wiggle1.jpg
[/IMG]

wiggle3.jpg
[/IMG]

Classic and cute vintage dress. The fabric is a synthetic with a texture to it almost like a raw silk. Great detail is is the collar. A large rounded collar that flows down into the waist. Ended with some pleating and makes the loop for the belt. The front is accented with an ivory colored sheer panel. The panel also runs all the way tot he waist. I have a t shirt on my mannequin so please keep this in mind when looking at the photos. This dress zips up the back with a metal zipper.

The original tag is not still present and there is not a size marked so please refer to the following measurements: armpit to armpit 18" flat, waist 16 1/2" flat, hips 19, over all length 42". This is in pretty good vintage condition. There are two spots that i have shown in the photos where the fabric has pulled. This could be repaired easily with some iron on interfacing. One of the belt loops has also come unsewn. This would be an easy fix as well. I think this would benefit from a trip to the cleaners and a professional pressing.

$10.00

herringbone2.jpg
[/IMG]

herringbone1.jpg
[/IMG]

herringbone4.jpg
[/IMG]

This is an awsome vintage outfit. A wiggle dress and a matching bolero jacket. The dress and jacket are made from a cream and white herringbone pattern fabric. The dress is the classic straight wiggle dress fit. The top of the dress is accented with a triangular collar with a button at the point. The jacket is a traditional fit. It crosses over in the front and buttons with one balc button. The collar could be ironed to wear different ways. On the sleeve of the jacket there is one small pocket. The jacket is fully lined wiht a wonderful contrasting red crepe material. The dress zips all the way up the back with a metal zipper.

The original tag is not still present and there is not a size marked so please refer to the following measurements: armpit to armpit 18" flat, waist 14" flat, hips 17 1/4", over all length 42". This in great vintage condition. The dress is in great condition, the jacket has one small spot on the srm. Almost a hole but could be repaired with minimal ability to be noticed.

$15.00

Hi there this stuff really needs to get out of my house so please if you think the price is to high e-mail me and we can talk. Thanks my other e-mail is swirl9@yahoo.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy