Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'50s & '60s

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
Thats pretty neat. My Dad grew up in E. Wa in the 50's. But I don't remember him saying anything about a dairy queen =)

freebird

Practically Family
I was born in 63, and was just over a month old when President Kennedy was assassinated. Mom said they went and bought their first TV so they could watch the news coverage.

I remember wearing bell bottomed jeans to school, having a Beatles haircut and though I had many African-American friends (back then it was colored or black) the racial tensions were extremely high. I remember riding in the car with my parents and a black man calling us "honkies".

I remember TG&Y and Otasco stores, my Dad's 66 Buick Electra 500, no seat belt regulations,and lava lamps. (I have 3 of the "new" lava lamps, would like to have an old one too).

toobacat

One of the Regulars
These are great! Reminds me of my first car.

chevy2small2qj6.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
You're but a few months younger than I, freebird: I was four months to the day when Kennedy was shot. (I have no alibi.)

I remember our station wagen, something you don't see today, because even though they have the same general shape (look at the new Volvo XC60), they're called "crossovers". Ours was a '59 Ford.

I'm watching "Leave it to Beaver" on TV Land as I type this.

Lee

LaMedicine

One Too Many
freebird said:
I was born in 63, and was just over a month old when President Kennedy was assassinated.

MrNewportCustom said:
You're but a few months younger than I, freebird: I was four months to the day when Kennedy was shot.
Ouch. lol
I was in my 9th grade English class at the time. We got the news from our science teacher right after lunch break. What an uproar to say the least. As we were living just north of DC at that time, we went downtown to watch the cortege pass by.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy