Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

6th of June 1944 Normandy

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yowza!
th_waving_us_flag.gif

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Normandy5.jpg

Members of an American landing party lend helping hands to other members of their organization whose landing craft was sunk by enemy action off the coast of France. These survivors reached Omaha Beach by using a life raft. Photographer: Weintraub, 6 June 1944.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
before Overlord

USsoldiersbeforebattleofnormandy.jpg

Great Britain: preparing for loading on the ships unloading in Normandy, at the beginning of June 1944 - Operation Overlord: American troops having loaded their equipment in LCT awaiting the signal to leave for the continent

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Fantastic pics! Thank you!

I'd like to ask everyone who reads this to stop and take one entire minute to honor all those who took part in D-Day. Without that momentous event, and the dedication of all who took part, WWII may not have come to the end that it did with the Allies victorious.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
I always remember June 5th being an AB buff. In the photo of the Paratroopers the man 3rd from the left has a bullet hole through the top of his helmet. In his book Currahee Don mentions how Alvarez (?) got it. Don mentions how after a firefight Alvarez sat there rocking back and forth holding on to his helmet. He thought he was shot through the head. They had to pry the helmet off his head to discover no wound ! Lucky Duck.

TraditionalFrog

One of the Regulars
I will never forget D Day.

My grandfather went in to France, today... D Day +3. He is still alive and well, most of all he remembers.

A salute to all who served, and to those who gave their lives during this time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21