Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7 1/2 Fabulous Vintage Fedora For Sale

randooch

I'll Lock Up
This is the most dense, creamy-soft, claylike fur felt I've had the pleasure to handle, and it rather pains me to sell it. It gets no head time, though. It outclasses me, pure and simple.

At some point decades ago, I believe, it got a makeover: a new liner and sweatband. Ergo, it has no indication of what company created it in the first place. It's a no-name marvel, probably over 65 years old.

It sports the best mode edge I've laid eyes on, will hold any shape you give it, has a wonderful medium-weight heft, and no flaws.

Please PM me if you'd like me to email you some pictures. Thank you!

I am asking $250 shipped within the US, a little more elsewhere. Vintage fedoras of this quality in this size are ridiculously hard to come by, as you may know, and this one is primo.

Measurements in inches:

Brim 2.5
Crown 5.0
Ribbon 1.75
Oval opening 8.25 by 6.5

imagejpg5.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Lovely hat to say the least. It is very clear, this year I am determined to plant and grow a darn money tree! From all the indications of beautiful hats (among other things that glimmer and shine) being offered everywhere, I know it is the only way to be able to afford buying up all these gems!

It may be hard, Randall, to actually see how nice the color is on this Fedora, I am sure the pictures do not get too close. If for some reason no one grabs this, geez ol pete, I may have to do some fast selling and shuffle a few things to purchase it for Daniel.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am not so sure a lower price is going to bait your "selling" hook so much as this hat is in the area of rare to real rare a find in this size. Seeing some other 7 1/2 hats surface for sale here, is not real common to have so many "up for grabs" at one time! Perhaps a few more days and some lucky devil will see those extra hundred dollar bills just wiggling in their wallets and decide to feed the tormented need for one more Fedora, and "poof" this hat would be sold? I can tell you if I could swing it, I would not hesitate the least to buy it for Daniel. To date he does not have any more wide ribbon hats, and this hat is just so beautiful. I need to sell a few things....lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks, Cynthia, for the kind words. :) Hello to Daniel from me! Wish to heck I could afford to fire it off as a gift to him, but no such luck.

Understandably so true. It is not an easy task at all in these times we are all living in...to even come close to deciding which hat, tie, pair of shoes, tie tack, cuff links, pinky ring,socks, shirts.....(it keeps going for a while)...to go ahead and buy for Daniel. To date, lets see now....lol maybe 35 pairs of Vintage shoes puirchased to add to the rest of his stash of shoes (most are NOS which is a big plus) and everything you can think of for his wardrobe. Looking at a few things now....lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner