Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7X clear beaver Quality Stetson

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I got this in just now on the UPS truck. It's a little rough (a few more moth bites than I usually like; some stitching is showing through on the cavanagh edge) but it's 7x beaver (xxxxxxx Clear beaver quality), the workmanship is outstanding, and It's an all around great hat.

The felt is so responsive. It bashes easily, and stays in any shape I put it in, especially the brim.

It fits great.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It sure is. I may to do a bit of steaming tonight to get the shape exactly how I want it.

Here's some better pictures. Don't ask me what color it is. It looks gray in some light, tan in others.

IMG_4326.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Qoute:"Don't ask me what color it is. It looks gray in some light, tan in others."

Dinerman, Sounds like "silverbelly, to me, but what a beautiful example of it!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

kschurch

Vendor
Hey Dinerman-

That's my favorite style. I know what you mean about the color. I have a perfectly aged "Open Road" with the same shape and it generally looks gray but on occasion takes on a brownish, even pinkish hue.

I was my Grandfather's hat and the one that started my hat obsession. Definitely my favorite.

Good aquisition!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Dinerman! That's one of the few narrow-ribboned hats I've seen with a Cavanagh Edge. You've sure got an ability to obtain wonderful hats.

Kentucky Blues said:
stitching on the cavanagh edge? what stitching is there?

Cavanagh Edges were stitched down early in the felting stage, and usually removed prior to the end of felting, though they could be left in to become part of the felt if the felter didn't take the extra step to remove them.

Anyway, after a lifetime of wear, the ghosts of stitches past can show through on a Cavanagh Edge, or, in some cases, the actual stitches, if they were left in.

Brad

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Yeah, the wear to the edge is right up front, where you'd handle it by. I wore it today with its original cattlemans bash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto