Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

8 1/4 Caps

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I love fedoras, but have recently been bitten by the Newsboy bug. Eight Panel Caps now out number my fedoras. I now have several from B! Wear, one from Hat people, and two from Miller Hats. My brother bought one from Miller yesterday, on the way to my house for a visit. He lives in Houston, and and Miller is on the way to my place. He decided that he could'nt pull off the look, and gave it to me. It is a linen with a kind of gray plaid pattern to it. Well it really has a lot of fabric to it, I think it is a Big Apple style or something. Really big and blousy and won't hold any kind of shape. So I figure what the heck, it was a freebie, so I hose it down with Faultless brand starch in the arisol can. I then hold it by the visor and dry it out from the inside with my wifes hairdryer. It dried out in about a minute and the force of the hot air sort of balooned out the crown while drying it. I gave it a little shaping before it was fully dry, so it has a drape to the right ear, the way I've been wearing these caps. Well I must say, it looks pretty sharp. I think I will give it another treatment and get it a little stiffer.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I actually plan to go to Miller Hats in a few days when I am in Houston to look for newsboy-style caps. They work really well for casual outfits or for times when a Fedora is too bulky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner