Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

82nd Airborne A2 questions

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Hello all, I have a quick question which I’m hoping the brains trust can help me with.

I have the opportunity to purchase an original Aero Leather ( not the Scottish one) A2 which belonged to one of the glider pilots of the 82nd Airborne division on which the owner has listed the operations he wore the jacket in on the lining. It also comes with a provenance document.

Now, I’ve owned originals before which came without provenance so that was easy and cheaper but I’m wondering if there is anyway to confirm this particular soldier took part in that particular action.

Also, I’ve done a bit of googling of 82nd Airborne A2’s to try and get an idea of worth but can’t find anything specific to glider Sqns. Does the fact that there were (I assume) fewer jackets issued to glider crew make it more valuable?

Lastly, the leather is solid but in need of a feed but the knits are shot, full of moth damage. Would you replace the knits with NOS or leave it as is?

Regards

Garry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB