Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-1 Jacket / A1 Flying Jacket - The ultimate Golden Era flying accessory!

Rufus

Practically Family
Thanks James...I was afraid I'd messed up something in the log-in procedure...

Hopefully they'll be back soon.. great site.. with some really knowledgeable fellows!

:) Rufus

Rufus

Practically Family
Some shots of the Buzz Rickson wool A1.

A1_FRONT.jpg

A1_PATCH.jpg

A1_BAND.jpg

A1_BACK.jpg

and me happily wearing my new acquisition in Roppongi...

TOKYO_TOWER1.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
New (to me) Lost Worlds Civvy A-1

Just acquired of FL/VLJ'er John Lever. This is pieced horsehide, supposedly based on a 30s jacket pattern.
2218906885_c0166df81c.jpg
2218907011_29466c4d93.jpg

4 pc back, 6 pc front, 3 pc sleeves. Lower front of each sleeve is a separate panel.
2218906945_c059131625.jpg
2219700506_8fb13a5525.jpg

Very generous size 44, OK by me, because I can wear a heavy sweater under it. Extra deep pockets too (see brand new pencil for scale).
2219700574_d6e52c7149_m.jpg
2218907055_658685059a_m.jpg
2218907133_723f266faf_m.jpg

rumblefish

One Too Many
Fletch said:
Just acquired of FL/VLJ'er John Lever. This is pieced horsehide, supposedly based on a 30s jacket pattern.

4 pc back, 6 pc front, 3 pc sleeves. Lower front of each sleeve is a separate panel.

Very generous size 44, OK by me, because I can wear a heavy sweater under it. Extra deep pockets too (see brand new pencil for scale).

Nice! Looks like it fits very well.

Unusual collar buttons? Do you have a close up?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
2221597174_119836142a.jpg

The collar has 2 buttons that are slightly smaller and of a little bit lighter colored material than the rest of the buttons. (I erred earlier - the waist buttons are full size.)

Notice that the top button is a little further outboard to make a trim closure at the collar. That really comes in handy these cold, blowy days, because I don't need a scarf, just a turtleneck under it.

rumblefish

One Too Many
DSC00723.jpg

My Eastman A-1. I usually wear a 42 short, but Charles measured me for a 44 custom short. I think because of the 44 chest, the waist came a little roomy. By the way it fits though, I don't think I would get into a 42.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Here's a pic of the new revised cape after about 3 months of almost daily wear. I have Pecarded it once and really do not baby it at all. Today it was out all day in the Andalucian sun on horseback. I try to beat the crap out of it when I can. This is my favorite jacket. It's like wearing a leather shirt it's so comfortable. forget the rest, it it's not made of cape IMO it's not an authentic A-1. BTW Rumblefish GREAT JACKET!

CIMG6799.jpg

CIMG6800.jpg

When New:

7d61cbba.jpg

rumblefish

One Too Many
Yours seems to fit well around the waist. What size?

Mine came with that silly white tag sewn to the spec tag, I'd like to remove it but I'm afraid of ruining the tag or lining.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
rumblefish said:
Yours seems to fit well around the waist. What size?

Mine came with that silly white tag sewn to the spec tag, I'd like to remove it but I'm afraid of ruining the tag or lining.

Mine's a 38 (I'm a little guy)

I didn't have a little white tag, if they're bought here in the EU there's no need to put a origin tag on them.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
Great break-in. Looks great.

Rumblefish - excellent jacket!

Thanks Scotrace. I love this jacket, it's the only one I've actually been wearing. It's so comfortable I don't even want to grab an A-2. :eek:

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Better pics of my ELC A-1

Here are some better pics of my ELC A-1 I took this morning. This jacket is looking better every day.

CIMG6869.jpg

Check out the folds and the grain....

CIMG6870.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner