Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-1 Jacket / A1 Flying Jacket - The ultimate Golden Era flying accessory!

I think I'm related to one of the Sons of the Pioneers...and no..not Festus..:D It was the dark haired good looking guy that sang harmony with Rogers!
I think it was this sharp looking guy myself:
220px-John_Wilkes_Booth-portrait.jpg

lol

Flashman

Familiar Face
Back to topic.

Am pleased to hear some of the fine views expressed here in the last few pages. It does seem rather too much if the focus is to be obsessive about replicating the tiniest of detail. I think the general look and details do need to be true to the original A1s and that is said in the 'plural' as it does seem to be the case that there was more than one variation even back then. So I think it is unfair to say the GW or ELC are superior than the Aero - as it would be difficult to say that one of the variants of the many black and white pics of so called 'originals ' is better than another. Just my humble opinion. As I said, I adore my Aero A1 and whilst the chilly May month keeps us jolly folks in London cold, I count down to the weekend so I can wear my A1!

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
Coming from southern California it's so odd to hear that elsewhere it is too cold for an A-1 jacket. Right now I just wish it were cool enough to wear my Buzz Rickson A-2 jacket. I mean, actually I do wear it, but that's just because I try to justify wearing a jacket to myself when most other people are donning shorts. :)

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Enjoy your Aero of course there's room for all, but we'll agree to differ on the relative merits of the Aero, ELC and Good Wear. With experience of all three and having owned multiple examples I have an equally trenchant view at this end that favours Good Wear.

Coming from southern California it's so odd to hear that elsewhere it is too cold for an A-1 jacket. Right now I just wish it were cool enough to wear my Buzz Rickson A-2 jacket. I mean, actually I do wear it, but that's just because I try to justify wearing a jacket to myself when most other people are donning shorts. :)
I'm wearing my A-1 still. Yeah, some guys are wearing shorts, but **** 'em! I will wear it until it's too hot to do so. In fact, I was at a Young Dubliners show on Saturday, and got a lot of compliments on it, but it was nice and cool out.

Flashman

Familiar Face
Its funny, but we had a nice sunny spell in March when it was balmy and bright and all of April and now May we have had record rainfall and dull weather. I was actually fretting that by the time I get my A1 from Aero it would be too hot to wear. So whilst I am not happy with the wrong weather for the time of year - secretly I am very happy as I get wear to my A1 on the weekends!!!:D

Flashman

Familiar Face
I'm wearing my A-1 still. Yeah, some guys are wearing shorts, but **** 'em! I will wear it until it's too hot to do so. In fact, I was at a Young Dubliners show on Saturday, and got a lot of compliments on it, but it was nice and cool out.

People with 'taste' clearly acknowledging a gent with good taste! Top stuff! BTW, which maker is your A1 from?

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
This just might be the year of the A-1. I just got an order going with John at Good Wear! I might ask some opinions in about a month when I start sending him more sizing info.

It's a year wait, but now that I got my Buzz Rickson A-2, I don't mind the wait. Kind of adds to the anticipation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters