Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-1 Jacket / A1 Flying Jacket - The ultimate Golden Era flying accessory!

Not sure I have anything that's period-correct for an A-1, A-2, etc. other than jeans, t-shirts, khakis/chinos, etc. I think it looks cool with things not of that time. I never never even thought I'd have to have a wardrobe of '30s and 40's garb to wear and enjoy it?

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Meanwhile, I don't know if I can wait a whole year to get my GW A1. I may need somewhere to go where I can say, "My name's SJ, and I I'm a vintage-jacket addict."

Hang on. I'm there.

SJ

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Not sure I have anything that's period-correct for an A-1, A-2, etc. other than jeans, t-shirts, khakis/chinos, etc. I think it looks cool with things not of that time. I never never even thought I'd have to have a wardrobe of '30s and 40's garb to wear and enjoy it?
Actually it's very rare to see the A-1 as part of a period getup. No one is reenacting 1920s or '30s military aviation as there are no war stories and almost no planes left.

I do think it goes well with a suit vest/hat look, viz:
4346574411_7712b1267b.jpg

Hat: Selco. Jacket: Eastman. Vest: Joseph Abboud. Shirt: Brooks Bros. Tie: Arrow.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Actually it's very rare to see the A-1 as part of a period getup. No one is reenacting 1920s or '30s military aviation as there are no war stories and almost no planes left.
That is a shame to, some of the greatest planes came out between the wars. As far as fighter planes, most were just WWI technology with more reliable engines. At lest until the mid 30s. I keep looking, and thinking that may be the only way to have a fighter, what with WWII fighters hitting the 1 million plus range!

Flashman

Familiar Face
Its a tough one - I ordered my Aero A1 in Jan and it arrived just over a week ago - wore it today and LOVED it!
It was a long 4 months wait for me - plus anxiety over size I ordered etc

3rd day worn my A1 today - LOVED IT!

Did a lot of driving and with the cold spring here it is perfect weather for my A1.

Good luck to you both with your very long wait.

Is there any reason for such a long wait?

Meanwhile, I don't know if I can wait a whole year to get my GW A1. I may need somewhere to go where I can say, "My name's SJ, and I I'm a vintage-jacket addict."

Hang on. I'm there.

I have about 8 months to go on the GW A1…….SJ…..let me know if you found the " place" !

Last edited:

Flashman

Familiar Face
...But worth the wait as the jackets are the best repros around.

Really?

Even better than the Aero A1s? I have to say I have not seen the GWs but I love my Aero - its exactly as I wanted it - which is that it be the same as the one worn by Alain De Cadanet on Victory by Design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn