Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-1 Jacket / A1 Flying Jacket - The ultimate Golden Era flying accessory!

Butte.. You look much more Butte-iful in the new profile pic...! Remember..when you're smiling...when you're smiling..the whole world..dah dah dah..! :wink:
I was wearing the A-1 this weekend and someone in the studio took a couple shots from above. I thought it looked OK, so I put 'er up. Glad you like the friendlier me :)

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
I'm feeling it! I think AF had it right - we focus on a model for a while, then you get to the point where you want something new to drool over. I'm glad really as it opens up new possibilities and makes for a better closet!

There just a cool uniqueness to A-1's. You don't see them everyday and not just everyone wears them. I'll admit, when I first saw them they seemed a bit wonky to me. But then they kept growing and growing on me. Now I find them just amazing to look at.

It's kind of like music. When you get a new CD at first you listen to the hit song that got you into it. But after a while you find that more complex song on the "b" side and that song just grows on you and you can listen to it over and over. :eusa_clap

Last edited:

Flashman

Familiar Face
Thanks Flash. It's a Good Wear. Pondering my order now whether to stick with the A-2 or move it to an A-1.

No worries auld fella!
BTW, you seem like a chappy who has owned a few A1/A2s how many and which makes? and how many do you presently own?
No i have my lovely A1, I might in a year or so order an Aero A2.

I have from over 15 years ago - an old - and WAY TOO BIG for me (but due to youth/inexperience was not able to judge the size) A2. It is going to waste and perhaps I should put it on Ebay, it comes with a detachable 'fake' fur collar too.
Not a reputable make but from an Eastend shop in London.

Flashman

Familiar Face
Just to bore everyone again - but I REALLY DO love my Aero A1....!

Two more days to the weekend and I can wear it again!!! Yipppeeeee!!!!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Agree with HD - you look like some move star I cant place a name on. Mr Butte-Hollywood!!!

Hey Kids! Can you pick out the real Hollywood movie star???

slb.png

gary-busey-1-1.jpg

14.jpg

clutch_cargo-1.jpg

AF

Damn you guys are a riot. I was doing actual work for a bit and THIS is what I come back to??? Serves me right for putting up a damn avatar. I like the last guy - the cartoon. The guy on top is grateful to have some online friends like you to pick him up 'cause he's a bit blue lately. I really do love this place.

Flash - the OLD man has only had the one A-1. AF and Dr H both have had a few I believe, and I'm not sure if HD owns one yet? I was lookin' in the closet this AM, pondering some shuffling. I changed my mind on the Aero A-2 I was going to sell - couldn't do it. But maybe some of the others need to go. Time for yet another mid-life crisis - just in time as I'm going to look at motor bikes this weekend.

Nice job AF on derailing an otherwise lovely thread lol
You too HD. :)

Flashman

Familiar Face
Damn you guys are a riot. I was doing actual work for a bit and THIS is what I come back to??? Serves me right for putting up a damn avatar. I like the last guy - the cartoon. The guy on top is grateful to have some online friends like you to pick him up 'cause he's a bit blue lately. I really do love this place.

Flash - the OLD man has only had the one A-1. AF and Dr H both have had a few I believe, and I'm not sure if HD owns one yet? I was lookin' in the closet this AM, pondering some shuffling. I changed my mind on the Aero A-2 I was going to sell - couldn't do it. But maybe some of the others need to go. Time for yet another mid-life crisis - just in time as I'm going to look at motor bikes this weekend.

Nice job AF on derailing an otherwise lovely thread lol
You too HD. :)

That is a tricky one but at least you have an A1 and A2 each. I have a few other jackets from 'retro' shops a lovely tan one which I really like and a similar black one both sort 70s/Fonz style (not sure what they called). The others are not so great plus a biker jacket I purchased BEFORE the bike! Oh well. Perhaps I should offer the biker jacket!!!

Sorry I may be responsible for the jokes at your expense - but at least being compared to a Hollywood star might win some mileage with laydeeez!

I am thinking of buying a nice flat cap from Bates of London this afternoon to go with A1 this weekend. Depends if I can get to Piccadilly on time.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The guy on top is grateful to have some online friends like you to pick him up 'cause he's a bit blue lately. I really do love this place.
Yes the members of this group are great. Not many fights and not very judgmental, and no laughing at neophytes dumb questions. Wish all groups were like this one. Take hart Butte, the last star I was compared to was Pepe Le Pew!

Flashman

Familiar Face
Just been having a WIDER read of the forum and the Outwear section in particular.

What I noticed is that there are/were a hell of a lot of threads/discussion on Aero.

Whilst I have noticed much of the views here in my short time have been less favourable of my Aero/A1 with preferences by individuals for GW and ELC (and personal preference is the right way to go IMO) what is the wider/generally held view?
Are Aero the LEADING makers of these jackets worldwide?

Last edited:

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Just to bore everyone again - but I REALLY DO love my Aero A1....!

Two more days to the weekend and I can wear it again!!! Yipppeeeee!!!!

The trick is to find a job where you can wear your leathers every day. (I take it you are forced into a suit and tie?) I wear mine (how else to age them properly?) and am either oblivious to strange looks or aren't getting any.

SJ

Flashman

Familiar Face
The trick is to find a job where you can wear your leathers every day. (I take it you are forced into a suit and tie?) I wear mine (how else to age them properly?) and am either oblivious to strange looks or aren't getting any.

SJ

I live in suit/tie but NOT forced - its my comfort zone and my 'skin' if you like. But the A1 is a my alternative weekend treat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran