Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A breakdown of Fedora Loungers by sex, location, age and marital status

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Viola said:
Of course it was meant as a compliment! I thought comparing somebody to a tough-as-nails gumshoe who is wearing a snappy hat was ALWAYS a compliment at the Lounge![huh]

-Viola
Aww shucks,....:eek: You were always one of my faves, Viola.
The more I look at it, the more I think I kinda do resemble Stacy Keach. Excepting I don't have a snappy PI hat yet. It takes 6 to 8 weeks to deliver according to that ad in the comic book I sent in.
Nick Danger, third eye.

oswulf

New in Town
Pink Dahlia said:
Am I allowed to say I would like to try my hand at older men. Can I say that?

All the guys I've dated have been my age or younger. They have been lacking in maturity.

Lordy! If I wasn't married....... or ten years younger.........

Not that I have any special claims to maturity, my toys are just more expensive now.

ferryengr

One of the Regulars
Pink Dahlia said:
Am I allowed to say I would like to try my hand at older men. Can I say that?

All the guys I've dated have been my age or younger. They have been lacking in maturity.

Pink, you can say that and yes, do try your had.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
KittyT said:
i always hope they're more mature, but usually aren't... unless they're divorced and/or have kids. the average for me (i'm 28) is 10 years or so. nothing over 40... yet.

glad i'm not the only one here who likes her gentlemen more "distinguished"!

I agree with all of this. I've always liked more mature people. I'm usually the youngest person in any group I'm, except when I go dancing. I'm 38 and I don't see many men my age there.

As for older guys, I don't think I'd like being 45 and game for life, hopefully still tearing up the dance floor, and having a 60-year-old mate. Or working my whole life, retiring at 65, and starting some new adventures with an 80-year-old man. Or growing old by myself.

Besides, I'd rather smell after shave than Ben-Gay.

rockyj

One of the Regulars
I'm a little bit of Atticus Finch blended with alot of Philp marlow

Pink Dahlia said:
I am loving this!
Hey that's what happens when you work in a High School!:)
"I like smooth shiny girls, hardboiled and load with sin." P.M
FAREWELL MY LOVELY

Shimmy Sally

Paisley said:
As for older guys, I don't think I'd like being 45 and game for life, hopefully still tearing up the dance floor, and having a 60-year-old mate. Or working my whole life, retiring at 65, and starting some new adventures with an 80-year-old man. Or growing old by myself. Besides, I'd rather smell after shave than Ben-Gay.

lol Good point. Women usually outlive men too (supposedly less wreckless lifestyle). I think it's in our instincts to want to be protected by a strong viril young man yet also provided for. This is why the rich old man with cabana boy combo works so well.

Shimmy Sally said:
lol Good point. Women usually outlive men too (supposedly less wreckless lifestyle). I think it's in our instincts to want to be protected by a strong viril young man yet also provided for. This is why the rich old man with cabana boy combo works so well.
There is a myth about a tribe of indians that gives the young women to the old men so they may learn of love and caring, and when the old man dies the now mature woman is given a young man so she may teach him the same love and caring lessons.

Perhaps the origin of the Cougar?

Because young men today don't have to act mature, many woman will seek an older man for the security.

Those who seek to get the younger man, wish to be in control of the relationship.

Shimmy Sally

John in Covina said:
Those who seek to get the younger man, wish to be in control of the relationship.
Those who seek a younger man tend to need the big biceps burly tough type who can stand up for them. An old guy can't manhandle, some gals need that.
Some chicks prefer an older guy in order to be the "trophy". The logic that he is lucky to have her and spends money to keep her.
Kind of a cold observation, but it's what I've noticed. Men fake love to get certain things, and women fake certain things to get money or fame or whatever. A woman often uses her body as currency, be it wrong or right.

Jovan

Suspended
I don't necessarily believe in one being in control. I prefer equality. If either one of us consistently has to take charge all the time, it doesn't work for me. I don't think it's fair to either partner.

Shimmy Sally

BegintheBeguine said:
Oh, dear. This is getting personal. I'm 17 years older than my husband.
I say, if you look good enough to get a younger man GO FOR IT!
All joking aside;
One of my friends married a much younger man a year ago and it's wonderful. She's no control freak, they just have so much in common. No one else had enough energy to keep up with her! The thing that matters is that you truely care about each other and treat each other well.

Wow, we hijacked this thread, so sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara