Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fedora Lounge Akubra Hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Depending on final design (really, likely not an issue for me considering what's been discussed), consider me in.

Sator, what would be the timetable for the hat's production? Also, would there be a necessary deposit on pre-orders, and if so, approximately how much are we looking at?

Thanks for working on this. It's certainly a fun project.

By the way, perhaps for those of us not quite as experienced in hats as many here, pictures of similar hats to the proposed designs could be posted side by side for better discussion.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
I think I'd be interested. The only reason that I say 'think' is because it all depends on the final design. Ahh heck...I will probably end up buying one even if it is not my style lol .....

Stoney

Practically Family
Count me in as long as it does not have a ribbon bound edge.
Sorry I just don't like em.
I would prefer not getting above 6" on the crown, that's as long as it can be bashed a lille lower. A too tall crown on a short guy like just doesn't work.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This sounds like a wonderful idea. I will agree with MrRover's specs but with out a bound edge and the addition of a 2" Roo sweat. I can always use another hat.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
i am a little hesitant about saying yes until the final stage, however, I would love to have one, i think.

i prefer a lower crown up to five inches, with a c bash or diamond crown and at leat 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 brim....bound or unbound a wind trolley would be a nice touch.....but a FL pin on the side would really be a nice touch...

MK, I understand about not wanting to tick off your advertisers, we do the same at work, who buys from us. However, If no one wants to step up to the plate and provide this product or service, then you might seek elsewhere. But help us out with a nice pin though...

You could always ask them to advertise, too. Never miss an opportunity.

Mark the shoeshine boy

Stoney

Practically Family
jml90 said:
How about a happy medium maybe a welted edge?

I agree. A welted edge will hold up better, than a raw edge, and provide a good snap to the brim.

Any opinions on something like Cagney's lid from The Public Enemy?

Cagneyside.jpg
CagneyFront.jpg

R

Red Beard

Count me in, as long as the crown is 5 3/4 - 6" and the brim at least 2 1/4.

I'll cast my personal vote for something along the lines of the actual site logo hat, but I'd be just as happy with something else, too.

What are the options for color?

Edit: Actually, I'd buy one no matter what the crown and brim size, but I like the idea of it being styled after the logo best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot