Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A felt hat for field.

oswd

New in Town
My every day hat is a Borsalino and I want a hat for go to the field.
What model is good and similar for the field ?
Gracias

----Spanish--------------------------------------------------------------
Mi sombrero diario es un Borsalino y deseo un sombrero para ir al campo .
¬øQu?© modelo es bueno y similar para el campo?
Gracias
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many people like the Stetson Open Road as an outdoorsman's hat.
Most will take out the cattleman's bash and put in some sort of fedora pinch.

Some of the Akubra hats are nice for the outdoors.

One of the guys got that classic Africa Hunter hat as seen in King Solomon's Mines.

ideaguy

One Too Many
I also would recommend the Open Road, the older the hat the better-softer, better felt, and better feel. If you can, a Stetson Stratoliner would be great- and there a lot of vintage fedoras to be found that have the Stratoliner look- Dobbs, Adam,Resistol, and more. Some of the cheaper "copies" of the Stetson line can be quite fine, and will last for years. Good Luck!

farnham54

A-List Customer
I'm a big fan of Akubra; tough as nails hat that lasts a lifetime.

I will also suggest checking out Steve's Adventurbilts. I don't own myself, but a lot of folks rave about them. Also, I know of one couple who took a pair of adventurbilts to hell and back (Actually it was an Amazon expedition lasting a LONG time--constant heat and humidity can, as you imagine, play hell on a hat) But the AB's did a damn fine job.

Cheers
Craig

Russ

One of the Regulars
If you want something that is different from your Borsalino, something that looks like a field hat and not a city hat, I would also recommend Akubra. Some of their styles would go well in both town and country, and others that are clearly designed for the field only (wide brims, brass eyelets and leather hat bands). Having said that, I wore Akubra bush type hats for many years in the city before discovering nice fedoras. I'm a country boy at heart I guess.

I personally like their Cattleman and Colly hats.

oswd

New in Town
Hello
I look for a hat Fedora type for the field

Thanks for answer and sorry for my english

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo