Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a certain hat

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
That's a vintage Borsalino.

It's basically not possible to find a modern, production hat that will match that hat in specifications and quality.

A custom hatmaker such as Art Fawcett would be able to replicate a hat like Johnny's, but finding that exact model is a near impossible task I'd surmise. In fact, Art has already made one, twice at least:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...-of-Fame&p=1063133&highlight=Depp#post1063133
img00501b.jpg

version 1
IMG00062-20100808-1904.jpg

version 2

You're basically looking for a hat which has wide ribbon binding, probably a taupe or fawn color, 1.5" ribbon, 2 1/2" - 2 5/8" brim width or so, about 5 1/2" open crown, perhaps taller.

Last edited:

Pocat6

New in Town
There is a hat style I am unfamiliar with. I am new to hats regardless I didn't know if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction here.

anti_treaty_ira.jpg

Im going with an outback style hat but its not a very good picture. Something that the Irish would wear in the early 1900's. The front two guys are the ones I was wondering about. Thanks!

Pocat6

New in Town
Yeah those hats look good. It doesnt have to be the exact hat or anything that would be a near impossible task. Just something like those pictured in grey or black.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I think you'd be able to find similar fedoras on auction sites or through a custom hatter, if not in second-hand shops if you're lucky. Those naps have a pretty classic shape that's not too hard to find, with some minor and reasonable differences.

A

RBH

Bartender
Yeah those hats look good. It doesnt have to be the exact hat or anything that would be a near impossible task. Just something like those pictured in grey or black.

I do not know what size you need but this one looks to be in the ball park for the hat the gent on the right is wearing.
I am sure it will go for more than is bid now ....but it is all relative.
How much do you want one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bor...978?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdaa577e2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael