Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A few pics from today

Grateful thanks to our Merchants and Artisans!

Here at the Lounge, we have a crew of some of the finest hat merchants and makers. They all seem to be driven by a passion for hats! They all also take a genuine delight in helping the public and this motley crew of Lounge members with every purchase and every question. They applaude our triumphs and soothe our bruises and bumps when we take a knock sometimes.

So, I'd ask our Lounge members to give thanks for their support, so generously given.:eusa_clap

Salute!

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Behind the scenes

I thought I'd post a few behind the scenes pics as well.

A mini photo studio:
110406F.jpg

My wifes desk and work area:
110406B.jpg

My desk (recently converted from a storage area):
110406C.jpg

Our tape machine, steamer and stretcher:
110406E.jpg

Our newest window display complete with western saddle:
110406A.jpg

Aaron Hats

Vendor
That cube is worth every penny we spent on it. I bought the kit which includes the cube and two lights and find it works great. I just moved it into one of our dressing rooms so the space is a bit cramped but I can quickly snap good quality pictures.

depot44

New in Town
It must be hard for your customers to walk out with only one hat. You are set up well to put a hat on anyone.

Indeed it is!! I visited Aaron's store today with the intention of picking up one new hat (my first fedora). Ended up leaving with three hats for myself and my wife picked up two of her own. :D

The only thing nicer than the store was Aaron and his wife.....great service!

Aaron Hats

Vendor
It was great meeting you and your wife today. Thank you for the kind words and taking the drive up to see us.

Be sure to post some pics of you wearing your new hats.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Dinerman , I dont know if you have ever been to a real hat store . There is nothing like it . When people come into our stores who have never seen a hat store before , they are like a kid in a candy store . A few of the lounge members that have been to see us cant believe the selection we carry . I took one guy into our stock room in the Williamsburg store . He never saw so many boxes of hats . Our store is 150 feet long and 40 feet wide . It was a Con Edison building 60 years ago with 13 foot ceilings . We carry a lot of hats!!

Steven

Aaron Hats

Vendor
besdor said:
I took one guy into our stock room in the Williamsburg store . He never saw so many boxes of hats .

We have very little storage space so I just brought three truckloads of hat boxes to my house to store. We're so full for the Christmas season that I'm about to start hanging hats from the ceiling.

Bigsho & besdor, Are you guys stocked and ready for the Christmas rush?

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
Aaron Hats said:
Thanks. We do try to keep the store neat and clean but it's especially neat because we just filmed our latest tv commercial this week.

Since you won't be making it this way anytime soon here's what we woke up to this morning...a dusting of snow.
110306.jpg

wow....is that YOUR STORE in the background ??? It looks so big in the pictures....:eek:

lol lol lol

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
We arent fully stocked yet . As I mentioned ( or maybe I forgot) there is a major problem with one of the hat manufacturers right now that is causing a lot of problems in the hat industry . Some of the stores are being forced to scramble for replacement hats . This is what happens when the amount of manufacturers shrink down every year . There is less places to buy from . Now , I've learned my lesson not to rely too much on one place.

Steven

BigSho

Vendor
We are mostly stocked for the season, actually maybe we are a little overstocked just got rid of 300 dobbs that we couldnt display. But we are also having the same problem as besdor mentioned. But we get most of our wnter stock in by mid-october. There was about 10 days there we must have recieved near 5000 hats or more. We are lucky to have a basement that is the same size as out store. We used to have an upstairs too :).

Jeremy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy