Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Gentleman knows when he's had enough to drink, when...

ABrew

New in Town
if you spin your head in a large circle and it is the most amazing thing you have eve seen

This is my fool proof test to know if I've had enough

Geesie

Practically Family
Fletch said:
He can no longer taste his cocktail.

Oh my, I've had this happen a few times. When I can pour down a martini like it's water and not really taste it, it's less of a sign that I have had too much and more of a sign that I need to STOP RIGHT NOW and start pounding water to ensure that I don't paint the side of my ride's vehicle. :eek:

My friend was at the point of too much. We went to a place referred to here as "Church Road" it's a cemetery in the middle of nowhere on a dead-end road. There used to be a church there, which burned down in 1959. And there was also a monestary on Church Rd. years ago. Most of the tombstones are from the 1880s and the newest one I found was from the 1920s. Well, we're supernatural buffs and I've taken scoffers out there, and they've seen things that have made them beleivers. I could make a complete thread on things I've seen out there, or heard others have seen, and such phenomenon, but regardless.....

My buddy was trashed and goes to relieve himeself near the cemetery, which we told him not to do, and he claims he saw a guy who looked like Robert E. Lee. Then, he proceeds to do laps around the cemetery, and when coming around the back end of it, my friend and I swore we saw a figure come right at him from behind a headstone. We didn't leave the vehicle this time, but I do have pics on my other computer of some very odd things we've seen there. I guess there's a reason why they call it liquid courage!

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
This is why I don't drink like I used to. I have lost track of days before and woken up in different states (thats a good story....). I also had to pull a "coyote" before...that's kinda embarrassing.

Now I am all about the quality; I love craft beers and have developed a taste for good bourbon. Through trial & error I have learned 1-2 is about my limit, especially as I get older.

Just my ramblings...

Pete

Too much and too quickly often go hand in hand but drinking on an empty stomach can get you there pretty quick.

If you walk down a narrow hallway and you're more like a pinball bouncing off the walls, you've had too much.

Any time you've been drinking and feel the need to "moon" someone, slow down!

Spilling more than you drink.....

Subvet642

A-List Customer
Diamondback said:
I'm not sure there's enough booze on Earth, even that kind, to trigger Linc's comment coming to pass... :eek: lol

Not even torpedo-juice, which WWII submariners used to make from the alcohol that fueled the fish. (Hence the name... lol)

Those were the old MK 14s. They (the manufacturer) used to put a chemical in the fuel that was supposed to make it toxic. It was colored pink and could be filtered out with a loaf of bread. [bad] lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy