Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A good observation regarding music...

Steve

Practically Family
I just came across this blog entry by Third Day's guitarist Mark Lee. With so many threads going around discussing whether or not pop culture is as degraded as it seems, this one fits.

Blog Entry

And for the record, I make a point to listen to music with artistic value.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Steve said:
I just came across this blog entry by Third Day's guitarist Mark Lee. With so many threads going around discussing whether or not pop culture is as degraded as it seems, this one fits.

Blog Entry

And for the record, I make a point to listen to music with artistic value.

Well...not to sound cliche, but art IS in the eye of the beholder...and in my eye I don't find a whole lot of artistic value in Third Day's (religious) country tunes. But then...I own every album by Kraftwerk and I don't think a lot of people see much artistic value in their ground-breaking music.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Well, i'm coming across as a moron today ... What is trance music?

bk

I am by no means any sort of expert on it...

but here is the wikipedia for it..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trance_music

it says "Trance music is a subgenre of electronic dance music (EDM) that developed in the 1990s. Trance could be described as a melodic, more-or-less freeform style of music characterized by steady beat between 130 and 158 bpm and repeating melodic patterns. The genre is arguably derived from a combination of largely techno and house. Trance got its name from repeating and morphing beats and melodies which would presumably put the listener into a trance."

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
What church music was supposed to be.

Solomon Kane said:
The only music we enjoy these days are Gregorian Chants and Funeral Durges.

Perhaps I'll take out a life insurance policy so my heirs will pay a choir and it will be sung at my funeral Mass? I'll have to have that put into my will. :drum: Are Gregorian Chants sung at weddings?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran