Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A "Mercury Production" on The Fedora Chronicles...

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Hey folks, Ren here?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ I came up with this idea a short while ago and I wish I had alerted all the talented people here sooner.

I came up with an idea while working on my Halloween special for The Fedora Chronicles. I wanted to do an ?¢‚Ǩ?ìMercury Theater?¢‚Ǩ? on October 31st ?¢‚Ǩ‚Äú Host ?¢‚Ǩ?ìnews and pictures?¢‚Ǩ? about a ?¢‚Ǩ?ìMartian Invasion?¢‚Ǩ? this coming Monday. (Yes?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ Halloween. If you don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t know the significance of Halloween, ?¢‚Ǩ?ìWar Of The Worlds,?¢‚Ǩ? and Orson Wells, click Here

At the same time I was thinking about the terrific pictures of Glurrk ?¢‚Ǩ?ìphotoshopped?¢‚Ǩ? into ?¢‚Ǩ?ìRaiders Of The Lost Ark?¢‚Ǩ? and ?¢‚Ǩ?ìSe7en,?¢‚Ǩ? and?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ then my thinking turned towards the rumor of the fourth movie being ?¢‚Ǩ?ìIndiana Jones And The Saucer Men?¢‚Ǩ¬¶?¢‚Ǩ? it occurred to me to make a contest or a special project.

I'm hosting a text version of "War Of The Worlds" (We're ok to do that...) and I wanted to know if any artists from this forum could do their own illustrations and visual interpretations of that classic...

I'm also looking for vintage and fedora aficionados PhotoShop themselves into "War Of The Worlds..." Any of the movies or illustrations.

Another idea would be taking photographs from the 1930's and 1940's and infuse them with elements of a Martian Invasion - As if The HG Wells classic novel was set during The Great Depression and World War II. If you know anyone who would want to participate, let me know.

I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m also looking to infuse fan art work of what ?¢‚Ǩ?ìIndiana Jones and The Saucer Men?¢‚Ǩ? could have looked like?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ just swap Indy for yourself or someone else you know who looks good in a fedora.

The best photos will be entered in a special poll and folks will be able to chose which one was the best.

This is a great way for talented artists to have their work showcased, and I know this is short notice ?¢‚Ǩ‚Äú I wish I had thought of this sooner!

Mail them to me at renderking@thefedorachronicles.com, or send me a link to where you have them hosted on your own website, and please be sure to send me links to where you found the original artwork so we can honor other people?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s copyright and give them some credit.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24