Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Nancy Drew movie?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I am already having a bit of a peeve about this movie. Well 2 actually... everyone knows that Nancy is a blonde/strawberry blonde and is POPULAR... not the nerdy brunette they seem to be portraying her as. :rage: *shakes fist in the air*

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
LolitaHaze said:
everyone knows that Nancy is a blonde/strawberry blonde and is POPULAR...

Yes, it's "titian," as Carolyn Keene never lets us forget.

I took a look at some of the stills from the movie; Ned looks kind of dorky too, when he's supposed to be the All-American guy.

On the plus side, though, Carson Drew is wearing a fedora!

MissHuff

A-List Customer
LolitaHaze said:
I am already having a bit of a peeve about this movie. Well 2 actually... everyone knows that Nancy is a blonde/strawberry blonde and is POPULAR... not the nerdy brunette they seem to be portraying her as. :rage: *shakes fist in the air*

I loved reading Nancy Drew as a young'n and unfortunately hollywood has to go and change things around as they like to do for more dramatic effect. Nancy has to be nerdy so that she can blossom into this amazing heroine in the end. Damn Hollywood's obsession with the underdog.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
LolitaHaze said:
I am already having a bit of a peeve about this movie. Well 2 actually... everyone knows that Nancy is a blonde/strawberry blonde ... not the nerdy brunette they seem to be portraying her as. :rage: *shakes fist in the air*

They did the same thing in the film version of the Secret Garden (1993). Mary Lennox was a golden blonde, (Dickon was supposta be a red head) but in truth I could see no other girl cast for it. She was great.

I saw the trailer for the new ND film. It looks witty and smart, a rarity in pre teen flicks. Let em have it until the movie comes out, then we can shake fists :)

LD

Viola

Call Me a Cab
You know who would have been PERFECT a couple years a go? Reese Witherspoon. Can't you just see her in one of those cute little flip hairdos the old editions all showed?

I loved the old editions when I was younger. Nancy had a GUN in one, her dad gave it to her for protection! :eek: :D

Of course, I think Joe Hardy was my very first literary crush, when I was seven.

-Viola

Vornholt

One of the Regulars
The actress playing Nancy doesn't look or act nearly as old as the character is in the novels. They're going for trendy like that unfortunate Disney (I think?) version on TV a couple of years ago.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
That look is still pretty preppy.

But brunette...do they think we can't believe in a blond detective?

-Viola

Polka Dot

A-List Customer

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Maybe it's just me...?

:eek:fftopic: Wonder if there's any chance of the Famous Five making a comeback?

Is this ND movie based on one of the actual stories, or is it a new concept - because I expect high tension and convenient plot-holes! ("Luckily, Nancy had just taken a course in Olde English and was able to translate the secret note..."lol )

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Neeserie... I have yet to read those books. I am still working on my Drew collection.

Polka Dot... Hehehe yes! Titan! Also... Carson Drew... I have a bit of a crush on that character... and I can't figure out why! LOL I believe I picture him differently than he is described. LOL

Miss Huff... Yeah... but there are plenty of those "ugly ducklings" stories out there if you will... I'd just like it if they got this one right. LOL

LD... I agree, it looks like a fun flick and I will be seeing it for sure... just the anal bug in me is going to come out screaming! hahahahaha

Lizzie... I have only seen the Reporter. I want to get my hands on the other Bonita Nancy movies. On a side note... a pal of mine said he thought I looked like Bonita. I think he was just being nice because he knows my love of Nancy drew! Hahahaha

Viola... I can see Reese playing Nancy, but I think she would have played her a bit too bubbley... I think someone with a cooler tone in her voice would be better. :) I myself, perfer the blonde detective, but I am bias. :)

Story... All I think about now when I see the name Pamela Sue Martin is that episode of That 70's Show when Eric goes to the library to get the issue of Playboy she was in. LOL

Vornholt... I agree with you. I picture someone with a slightly deeper voice and a cool demeaner.

Miss Hell Belle... The cut and colors of that dress in the promo is a bit too Daphne for me. All I see is Daphne! I believe in the reissued books of the 50's and 60's some of the drawing show her in skirts that short.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety.

Admitting is the first step. lol I'm right there with you. These dang kids and their hippy hair and short skirts! I swear I am like the 80 year old woman in my apt building. hahahahahaha lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner