Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new chapter in my life

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
In November of 1999 I quite working selling Liquor and Wine to become a stay at home dad and raise my kids. Tomorrow I go back to work. Well kind of. Tomorrow I start working a DelMonico's Hatters in New Haven CT. Wife says I can't take my pay in hats. Oh well. I started buying hats from DelMonico's back in 1981 when I moved to New Haven to go to college and have been going there ever since. I am really looking forward to learning more and helping out the hat wearing public veteran and newbie and yes I will sell cloth stingy brims to people. I used to say when I sold liquor if we could only sell what we liked we would go broke. I will try to move folks up and wider over time if I can.

Jeff

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bravo

In November of 1999 I quite working selling Liquor and Wine to become a stay at home dad and raise my kids. Tomorrow I go back to work. Well kind of. Tomorrow I start working a DelMonico's Hatters in New Haven CT. Wife says I can't take my pay in hats. Oh well. I started buying hats from DelMonico's back in 1981 when I moved to New Haven to go to college and have been going there ever since. I am really looking forward to learning more and helping out the hat wearing public veteran and newbie and yes I will sell cloth stingy brims to people. I used to say when I sold liquor if we could only sell what we liked we would go broke. I will try to move folks up and wider over time if I can.

Jeff

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Get us the inside story! Good on ya'!

johnnycanuck

Good on you. Best way to be a role model to your children. Doing something you love for a living. Best of luck to you.
Johnny

Olde English

New in Town
My father was a pioneer stay-at-home dad and I have enormous respect for you. I wish you great success and, above all, happiness in your new job. Compared to raising children, I imagine it will be a doddle!

1961MJS

Hi Jeff

Raising your kids will be good training for dealing with customers. We're psychologically the same age, but we have money and we don't fill our pants (as often). Good luck on your new job.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy