Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Pleasant Evening.....

Renault

One Too Many
Today's most welcome rains has ceased for the evening. We've received more rain today that we probably have since the first of the year. So wifey and I had a pleasant evening out on the veranda watching all our "babies" come into feed. I loaded my latest Kaywoodie acquisition with my old standby "Special #2" and prepared myself another gin and tonic.

Our babies are our menagerie of deer. First it was Momma and little James, then the three older does we have aptly named Gonreal, Regan, and Cordelia. You can probably determine from those names which ones are the real nasty old does! And little "Bucky" who catches all the flack from the three old ones..... They are relentless in their treatment of him! This summer and the drought have been especially taxing on them. We've tried to supplement their diet, but alas we did loose two fawns. Little James was this years only survivor.

We still have a few hummingbirds coming to the feeders, preparing for their long trip across the Gulf of Mexico to their winter home in Mexico.

Living it the country , we are truely blessed!!!!

Renault

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Am envious. Sounds like a real treat, autumn is the best time of the year in my opinion. Enjoy the season, and the company.

Enjoy for those of us who can't right now! Best to you and the Mrs.
M.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
It's finally raining in Texas? Heaven be praised! My favorite deer ranch has drinkers every quarter mile over the entire place so their fawn production has been normal but it's good to hear that things may at last be returning to normal.

MikePotts

Practically Family
Thanks for the report Bob, we only received 5/8" last night but the average around here seems to be about 1". All good for the aquifer and my bar on the banks of the mighty Guadalupe no longer has a beach!

MP

WH1

Practically Family
We also have been at our place in the country for the long weekend and it sounds very similar to yours (I am also enjoying a gin and tonic on the back patio). Truly relax and forget about everything else. We also have a herd of deer which come into our back pasture. Lightning bugs, cardinals,crickets and total peace. We are lucky people.

J.D. Hunt

New in Town
Renault, glad to hear about the rain. When we last shared your veranda we did see two of the little buggers glad the rest are active. We had 2.65 inches here in La Marque Sunday. Looking forward to spending another day at your hill station. J.D. Hunt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy