Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Real Lounge?

Phil

A-List Customer
I was walking around downtown Chicago today and I noticed the amount of nightclubs and bars that were there and I started thinking (always a dangerous event) on why there isn't a real brick and mortar Fedora Lounge. Does anyone think that ther should or shouldn't be? I'm curious about this topic.

Phil

A-List Customer
YES! Much better than all those other places. We an have two kinds. A themed resturaunt and a real lounge with a dress code and everything. Something to think about, eh MK?

Oh, and does anyone have the URL for the older thread like this?

S

Samsa

Maj.Nick Danger said:
It should be a franchise, like Friday's is,...only better, WAY better. A lounge in every town.
There was a thread about this subject some time ago.

Hm, I don't know. Franchises tend to lose the charm of the original - think Irish pubs in the U.S. I've spent a good amount of time in actual Irish pubs (i.e., pubs in Ireland), and the ones here just don't compare.

I have an awful vision of a chain of "Fedora Lounges" with vintage style interiors that play current top 40 rap/R&B music.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think it's a great idea! But be careful, if it is a franchise, it could get too big and out of control. Let's make sure that if we have multiple locations, we treat them as if each one is the only location.
I would love a lounge in my area where I could hang my coat and umbrella on a rack at the door without worrying about it being stolen, and meet a guy in a fedora and an overcoat:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass