Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Safe Cleaner for Milans???

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
There has to be someone here that has tried to clean their own and at least knows what NOT to use. I just got one that has what appears to be soiling on the brim from taking it off and putting it on. The hat isn't really worth sending out for cleaning.

fedoralover

KyleK

One of the Regulars
I'm interested in a way to clean a milan, too. Stains from sweat soaking through the band. I have a feeling I'm stuck with them.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
There has to be someone here that has tried to clean their own and at least knows what NOT to use. I just got one that has what appears to be soiling on the brim from taking it off and putting it on. The hat isn't really worth sending out for cleaning.

fedoralover

Rich, first try a spray bottle with a woolite mixture on the brim, lightly brush with a toothbrush, then rinse/ It should be fine. Nothing toxic on it though.

Kyle, try using the same method on yours but really spray and rinse the area. As it dries much of the salt should go away.

KyleK

One of the Regulars
x2 Art. Thanks.
In my case, it's a dark staining on the straw, possibly from the leather bleeding color a bit. Wouldn't be visible if it wasn't a thin ribbon.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
It worked! Thanks Art. I was having doubts, but after it dried out you couldn't see it at all. There is just a touch of a light spot where it looks like someone else may have tried to clean it before, but you have to really look close to notice it when you put it on.
DSCN0656-1.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

fedoralover

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo