Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"A Yank in the RAF"

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I just watched "A Yank in the RAF" last night and must say it wasn't too bad at all. Tyrone Power looks mighty sharp in both uniform and mufti, and you can see why Betty Grable stopped a few hearts when this came out. Some fun dialogue between them.

Filmed during the War, there is some magnificent actual footage about two-third's of the way through the film of an RAF sector airfield with Spitfires being rearmed and scrambled. RAF buff's like me will love this.

All in all I'd give it 6 out of 10, worth a watch.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
I'm not a RAF buff, but I'll testify that it's a fun movie to watch. "Tim, you're a worm!" And yes, Tyrone looks -mighty- sharp in uniform. :eek:

Sunny

One Too Many
It's been years, but (although I did like some of the dialogue) Tyrone drove me UP the wall. I hate hate hate main characters - main characters you're supposed to like - with super-cocky and self-satisfied attitudes. Grrrowl! :eusa_doh: Even the fact that he was SO easy on the eyes made me mad. One of those infuriating people that you have to smile at because he's so cute, even though you'd rather bite off his head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy