Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 Help please -- Goodwear, D.D. and more!

TLF was never unjust toward his work. Never once! Even when the glaring imperfections were pointed out, people here would still say they're really great jackets. Which I'm sure they are.

Guy is having some serious delusions of grandeur. Nobody reads VLJ. Up until recently, nobody could even access VLJ because nobody is using ISP email. Without the FL, nobody would've heard of his work - period. Diamond Clothing got 99% of his business because of TFL. Who else would know of him otherwise? Try Googling 'Diamond Dave Buco J-100' or 'Buco J-100' leather jackets, for example - the only proper hit comes third, which is TFL. Reviews, photos, opinions, etc. - this is what people interested in these jackets want to see and literally the only place where they could find everything they wanted to know about DD jackets was the FL! Product page alone doesn't mean squat.
Not even that Facebook page of his pops up first, with filth such as:
https://www.facebook.com/ww2reprodu...41839.116793515143745/606301026192989/?type=3
Really cute. So cute he couldn't have come up with it himself but had to share it from another bigot.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I don't get that post about "handmade job not cheap because it doesn't come from China" my 30 bucks made in china blazer I bought to use the measurement for my jacket has perfect stitches all around, nothing as wonky as that simple straight lining at the hem of that J100...

now chinese people are also human not robots they do use their hand and a machine which means it is also handmade... perhaps through multiple stations not 1 person dealing with a complete clothes but handmade nonetheless, and they can do it perfectly & cheaply & consistently
sewing straight won't cost more work, nor thread, nor time... it is just sewing straight...

Mistercat

New in Town
I totally agree with you, had I seen Facebook post before ordering a jacket from Diamond Dave I would not have purchased from him.

Especially given the Greece comment, I have jackets from Thedi and BK, both makers having for me a great customer service and excellent products.

I don't get that post about "handmade job not cheap because it doesn't come from China" my 30 bucks made in china blazer I bought to use the measurement for my jacket has perfect stitches all around, nothing as wonky as that simple straight lining at the hem of that J100...

now chinese people are also human not robots they do use their hand and a machine which means it is also handmade... perhaps through multiple stations not 1 person dealing with a complete clothes but handmade nonetheless, and they can do it perfectly & cheaply & consistently
sewing straight won't cost more work, nor thread, nor time... it is just sewing straight...

Exactly! What the hell do the Chinese people make jackets with? Evil, river-polluting communist robots over at Foxcon? Pro-tip: all leather jackets are hand-made which, when translated to non corporate advertising language means that all leather jackets are made by hand. These bigots are stuck in the post-WW2 mentality where everything made in Japan was crap, just that they've switched Japan with China now that Japan had became a synonym with super quality stuff while Chinese make crap product. Right. Newsflash: Japan makes good stuff because Japan has always been making good stuff because all people are equally capable of being skilled at doing things. Most people, at least, given that some people clearly do not seem to be capable of basic comprehension. . .

Really makes me wish to take time and post a few photos of my made in China Alpinestars motorcycle jacket. It literally makes DD jacket look like a child has been screwing around with a sewing machine. At least half the lining isn't hanging out below the bottom hem, to begin with. Nor does it has holes in the leather. Pockets are perfectly aligned, too!

Mark

Practically Family
I had a look at my DD jacket made early last year. Looks fine to me, no wobbly stiches to be seen. Perhaps I got lucky?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner