Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 question

Hmm...interesting choice.
I'd be tempted to..but then, what with the high price of Real McCoy's, even 50% off is a lot of money.
I'd be thinking about taking that money and applying to a goodwear.
A big plus with goodwear is they you are getting a jacket custom made to your measurements. "Stock" A2's can be finicky, unless you are one of the lucky ones who just happens to be shaped just right. .

Last edited:

rubbersoul007

New in Town
Hmm...interesting choice.
I'd be tempted to..but then, what with the high price of Real McCoy's, even 50% off is a lot of money.
I'd be thinking about taking that money and applying to a goodwear.
A big plus with goodwear is they you are getting a jacket custom made to your measurements. "Stock" A2's can be finicky, unless you are one of the lucky ones who just happens to be shaped just right. .

The thing is I'm one size too big (50) for the Goodwear, this RMNZ is my size perfectly. Paddy mentioned that the guy who ordered this had her add size 46 on the label but it's a 50 . I guess Dubow wasn't made to a 50 back then.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The thing is I'm one size too big (50) for the Goodwear, this RMNZ is my size perfectly. Paddy mentioned that the guy who ordered this had her add size 46 on the label but it's a 50 . I guess Dubow wasn't made to a 50 back then.

I have an original 1942 size 50 Dubow and they were sized up to a 54.

It looks OK. I never zip beyond 70% and never use the hooks. So that's not a big deal. That said, I'd not pay more than $500 for it.

FWIW, new RealMcCoys sell for over $1400.00 US :eeek:....so it should come to $700 + ...not including shipping/import fees.

I'd probably contact Aero for one of their A2's. Custom made to fit...top notch leather/design, they offer up to size 54 I believe. About the same price you'd be paying for this one.

One thing I've learned about A2's are, they can "be my size" but not be a "good fit". So much depends on the design. Advantage to companies like Aero and gw who work off your measurements rather than a "size template" where one size 44 (or 50) is supposed to "fit all" of that "size".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn