Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Achieving that vintage look, via PhotoShop

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Quigley Brown said:
I know it was. :)
You know how it is, as a photographer, you feel the need to defend or at least qualify everything you do. It makes it difficult to just do something as a joke without feeling that it reflects upon you other and more serious work... or perhaps I just over analyze it! lol

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Hemingway Jones said:
You know how it is, as a photographer, you feel the need to defend or at least qualify everything you do. It makes it difficult to just do something as a joke without feeling that it reflects upon you other and more serious work... or perhaps I just over analyze it! lol

Yikes! I didn't mean to offend you. :eek:

Hugh Beaumont

One of the Regulars
Cool thread!

I am about ready to take my promo shot for my cartooning site and to send with my comic strip submissions to the syndicates.

It's going to be a retro pic, as if it was taken in the late 50's, early 60's of me at my drawing table, with a 50's loop shirt and cardigan, hair greased back, horned rim Shuron glasses (that I actually wear daily) and pipe....

Going to use a digital camera, plus try some with my trusty old Kodak Starflex view camera.

Would anyone want to play around with these once I get them shot? Saw some great work on this thread.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Having an already scratched and dust specked original color printed photograph to scan in helps in making it appear to be older than it is. Just found this one from 2000, and turned to blk&wht doing image-> mode-> grayscale. I sewed this heirloom vintage style outfit for our son Daniel in 2000, when he was 3-1/2yo. The old fashioned clothing style of course helps in creating the vintage look.
369320938.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner