Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adam Savage's latest hat

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I believe it's a Squatter. Not nearly as tall as a Bushman. Not as nicely shaped as the Bushman he used to wear I don't think. At least he has a band on this one though! :)

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't think this one is an Akubra. My first thought was a Snowy River with a bound edge but if you look at the shot where he is welding and his hat is hung up, you can see the sweat band and the markings don't look anything like any Akubra I have own.... and I own quite a few.

Long story short. I have no idea what hat that is.

Johnny

Havana

One of the Regulars
It could be the Squatter. Perhaps in the special order color of Nigeria Brown? It looks darker than the more common Deep Fawn offerings. Johnny, I was thrown off by that lining and sweatband too. May not be an Akubra after all.

Michaelson

One Too Many
He's stated that his past hats have been Akubra's. The currently one, though, I'm not sure of myself.

Personally I don't like it....but that's just my opinion.[huh] ;)

Regards! Michaelson

Simon82

One of the Regulars
Knudson?

At one point when the Mythbusters crew exploded western myths, Adam had a dark, fedora-like cowboy hat custom made for him by Knudson Hats in California. Maybe that's the new hat?

Havana

One of the Regulars
I think we have a winner folks. Knudsen's has Adam's picture with the hat on their website under customer pics. Thanks for the scoop, Simon82. According to Knudsen's, it's a slightly modified replica of Clint's hat from the Dollars Trilogy.

Simon82

One of the Regulars
Glad to help. Considering I look like a cross between Jamie and Adam (though my hair has turned white from its former red, and I got laser-eye surgery to replace the specs), maybe I could be an auxillary MB?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I'm pretty sure it says "Stetson Hat Co." on the sweatband, it does resemble at least one of Stetson's Gun Club hats. Plus, the sweatband color and design looks very modern-Stetson to me.

Simon82

One of the Regulars
Could be a Knudsen styled hat of a Stetson felt/open crown hat, as their site says they customize hats out of Stetson and Resistol material.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy