Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

adding picture

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
use an image hosting service, like photobucket or imageshack and link your photos using the

Peacoat

Bartender
In Photobucket the IMG code will be under the photo. Copy the entire link and then paste it wherever you wish it to appear in your post. You may use the preview feature on this board to see if the picture has linked properly. Sometimes it takes a time or two if you don't get the entire code in the link.

stephen1965

One of the Regulars
I've tended to google search images and then when found, press 'see full size image' to get the image on it's own without text etc. Then cut and paste the url into the post.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
stephen1965 said:
I've tended to google search images and then when found, press 'see full size image' to get the image on it's own without text etc. Then cut and paste the url into the post.

Be careful with this approach. Images hosted elsewhere do not always -like- direct linking to other places, since when the picture loads it uses -their- bandwidth. Some of them resort to substituting pictures of a less then -savory- nature when the direct link loads.

Also, if those people ever move the picture, the link breaks.

Its always better to grab it and save it at photobucket and then just leave it where it is in the folders on photobucket and link from there.

stephen1965

One of the Regulars
Miss Neecerie said:
...Some of them resort to substituting pictures of a less then -savory- nature when the direct link loads.

Also, if those people ever move the picture, the link breaks.

Thanks, yes, that wouldn't be so good. Photobucket whenever possible then.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes