Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adding turnback cuffs?

kuwisdelu

Familiar Face
Hey all,

I recently acquired a nice, heavyweight 100% cashmere overcoat. Double-breasted, with peak lapels, just how I like it. It fits perfectly everywhere except the sleeves. The sleeves come down to my fingertips.

I'd like to shorten the sleeves by giving the turnback cuffs, but I'm not sure how to do this operation (I'd like to do it myself). How would buttons be positioned on a overcoat sleeve with turnback cuffs? How big should the cuff be?

If anyone can give me some advice or post pictures of their overcoats with turnback cuffs (showing off the cuff--from different angles would be great!) to show me how they look and are made, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks!

CliffG

One of the Regulars
Personaly if I really liked the coat I would take it to some one who does alterations and pay the small fee and have them show you the options and get several different ideas, they may have seen many different types over the years, they may have buttons avalable to match your existing buttons.
My dry cleaner offers alterations and has given me ideas on different alterations.
just thinking out loud here
Cliff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav